WINNER WONDERLAND

“Classy, great food, reasonable price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cera 23

Cera 23
Ranked #28 of 8,900 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Nuestra unica pretension es hacer que salgas del restaurante, al menos algo mejor de lo que entraste. Para conseguirlo ofrecemos el producto del mercado mas fresco, preparado con carino y servido con una sonrisa.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Classy, great food, reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had a meal here one evening whilst visiting the city. Managed to get a table for 2 by turning up early (restaurant opens at 7pm). Just around the corner from Sant Antoni Metro and the Jazz Si club (the reason we chose this restaurant, as we were planning to go to the Jazz Si afterwards). Beautiful setting, staff fluent in English and very helpful. Fantastic food at a reasonable price, total cost for the meal was approximately €65 for two for a 3-course meal with drinks, plus an amuse-bouche and digestivo supplied for free. If you fancy a romantic and sophisticated meal at a reasonable price while visiting Barcelona, Cera 23 is an excellent choice.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
“Coming from a foodie...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you want incredibly good tasting and innovative food in a rustic/eclectic cozy atmosphere please give this place a try. I found it hard to find a place serving things other than paella or tapas in Barcelona, so I went on trip advisor and yelp and was excited to try out Cera 23. My expectations were surpassed!
Getting to the restaurant was a little sketchy late at night so I would suggest a cab, but when you're finally there it is so worth it. You're greeted with a charming dining space with a mix of chairs, wall furnishings and funky wallpaper and the kitchen smack dab in the space.
I ordered the suggested blackberry mojito and found it to be my new favorite drink, I highly recommend it. I ordered the crispy prawns for an appetizer, which were perfectly breaded and fried giving it a heavenly/airy crunch. Then I ordered the duck. I was left speechless. The pairing of cherry compote and cinnamon apples was genius and mouthwatering. Each bite was cooked to perfection and thoroughly enjoyed.
Honestly this place was worth trying times ten. The service was much nicer than most of the service ive had in other European countries and the food was to die for. Bon appetit!

London, United Kingdom
“OVERRATED”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Even regardless of the price (neither cheap nor expensive), the food was bland and mediocre. It seems the chef has a faiblesse for black sesame seeds because each dish had a "decorative" sprinkling of it - as if this would make each dish a gastronomic delight.

We ordered what we were recommended - which was supposedly their specialties: black rice, some sort of microwave-melted cheese on sallad and "crispy" (it wasn't particulary) prawns and each dish, while none bad, was neither particularly good. The service was attentive and pleasant - several Filipino waiters who are generally good and accomodating as they were here - however but the locale itself rather run down.

One can have different opinions of the Raval - I myself like the area - a bit "Lower East Side" kind of vibe and what Soho LDN may have been like in the 60s - 70s - but the fact of its location wouldn't deter me (as it has other unhappy reviewers) - on the contrary. However, it wasn't a place I would necessarily like to go back to - though I will add, we didn't feel cheated either. It was only very slightly less than ok.

The place has a lot of tourists - probably everyone falling for the TA rating - and I imagine that the reason why it is so highly rated is that most of the clientele is either young people (25-35 yrs) on a budget or lower middle class people who get exited by the aggressively friendly service of the owners.

The reason I'm giving it 2 stars rather than 3 stars is because I find the ABSOLUTELY overrated and because the white wine we were served was lukewarm. A 2,5 score would probably be fair, but in relation to it's rating - one does go away disappointed. It is such a pity that no really good restaurant hasn't opened its doors in Raval.

It's ok if you're nearby but hardly worth pursuing.

2 Thank Nonplusultra9
New York City, New York
“When you are tired of tapas give Cera 23 a try.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

For starters we tried the ceviche and the chicken pastry with cinnamon and they were just ok. I however enjoyed my main course: Duck with apples - it was the best duck I've ever had (It was not recommended by our server tho - odd). No doubts the blackberry Mojitos are a must try. My partner had the steak and was disappointed.

I would have to agree with some of the reviews: You will find better food in Barcelona.

Moscow, Russia
“No regrets but expected more for Number 3 in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ambiance is ok, more on rustic side. Lots of dark colours, no bright ligh, no feeling of air. The food: we had 7 people in our party so ordered all different meals. Liked: blackcurrant mohito, tuna with sweet potato puree, battered prawns and black seafood rice. Didn't like though it was all right but not as delisious as the previously mentioned: hake, white fish cevicce, beef with guacamole.