“Quiet and peaceful area within easy reach of...”
other travelers have booked this property
Balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Balcony
Living room
Living room with tv and library
Kitchen with washing mashing/dish washer/ frigo/freezer
Place to read or write
Double room
Big room with balcony
Room  with balcony
Patio with bq
Bathroom
Patio with surrounded of forest
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Linda H
Spain
“Perfect Location, very poor accommodation”
Reviewed June 10, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

To whom it may concern regarding:
[--], near Barcelona

I was recently invited to spend some time with a very dear friend and her family in Barcelona, a special treat to which they had given a great deal of thought and chosen a LUXURY Villa near to the city centre.

A perfect tranquil location near to the Metro and, with the assistance of the owner, not too difficult to find. Unfortunately this is where 'perfect and luxury' ended. With no reference in the villa description there where 59 steep steps to the front door. Then the lock on the front door was faulty so we nearly did not enter. Having checked the bedrooms, which we where advised could sleep 8 adults, there was one double bedroom with a window, one twin bedroom with a window and double doors onto a terrace, bedroom three with bunk beds, no window but double doors and bedroom four, with an extremely low Futon. None of the bedrooms had mosquito netting although we have been warned that the mosquito's where really bad, consequently you could not leave the windows open at night. There were no mirrors, apart from the bathroom but there were plenty of toilet rolls, so a good point! There was no air conditioning, no ceiling fans and no stand alone fans. One family bathroom with a shower over the bath, but no plug for the sink. A further downstairs shower room again no plug for the sink. No non-slip mat for the bath. The water was extremely, dangerously so, hot and in the shower room it was very easy to bend down and knock the shower mixer and change the temperature without realising.

The kitchen was very poorly equipped, no ironing board, no oven gloves, there did not appear to be a user guide for the oven and the markings were illegible around the dials which made it difficult to work out how to use the oven, no plug for the sink, no jug, no chopping board, no eight of anything, mugs etc. The dishwasher did not work until we investigated and found one of the wheels off the racks was jammed in the filter, along with two large pieces of glass. The dryer was full of 'fluff'. Generally the whole house was not very clean, cobwebs and dirt behind and under the beds. There were at least eight light bulbs not working in various rooms and a shortage of plug sockets.

The outside space was very poorly equipped, four very broken chairs on the upstairs terrace, five plastic chairs around the table, no cushions and no comfortable seating for relaxing at all. The garden, which could have been very nice, was unkempt and showed lack of any attention, although we were asked to water the plants, which we did everyday. All the above may be sufficient for a 3 star, rustic villa but definitely NOT a luxury villa.

My main concern, which I think should be the responsibility of Holiday Lettings, or their Agent, is to ensure that the owner of the property is help accountable for at least the very basics for the health, safety and well being of their renters. Simple things like a basic First Aid Kit, a Fire Blanket, a Fire Extinguisher, Smoke Detectors and a folder with, 'What to do in the case of Fire', including emergency numbers for the local chemist, hospital, taxi, copy of the boiler service agreement etc. and anything which may be relevant whilst the client is in an unknown situation. As a guest I was not privy to the exact cost of the Belladona but I do know that over £2,000 was mentioned – this accommodation, I do NOT consider to be either luxury or value for money.

Perhaps you would consider the above and assure either myself or the renters that the owner is made aware of the aforementioned comments and ensure that measures are taken to remedy these items without delay. As far as I aware if this property had a 'Licence to Rent' I am sure all of the above would have been inspected – I wonder whether it has a licence.

I would appreciate your communication to confirm receipt and acknowledge the above mentioned issues.

Regards,
Linda Hutchence
email: salaama55@gmail.com

Liked best: The Location
Liked least: The 59 steep steps
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 12, 2015
Dear Linda, Jean and Buoreville

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have had during your stay at my house.

I will try to clear up some of them, which I think are due to a misunderstanding.

Firstly, unfortunately, this year in May there was a heat-wave out of season, and like many people, I was not prepared for this; this meant that the mosquitos came earlier than usual. I am very sorry, I tried to put up the mosquito net and I phoned you several times and you said that everything was OK. So you didn´t give me the chance to solve the problem.
I always try to leave the house as clean as possible, so the issues that you mentioned surprise me. I have taken steps with the cleaning staff to assure that this doesn’t happen again.

Secondly, concerning the steps, I can confirm that in Holiday Lettings’ amenities of the house it states very clearly that the house is not suitable for people with reduced mobility. Furthermore, in the photos you can see that the house is on a hill. Also if you read the other reviews, many of them mention this fact.

Thirdly, my house has a tourist license. The number can be found on the web page.

Next, each bedroom has two electricity sockets. If you needed adaptors you could have asked me for them. The five tip-advisers refer to and measure the price and quality; they are not stars which measure the level of luxury. I have never claimed the house was a five-star luxury house, however I do the best I can and have had some terrific reviews from many people

Finally, for your two weeks’ stay you paid €2,000 euros, not 2,000 pounds. There is a 600 euro difference.

I give the same answer for the 3 reviews because you come together and you feel the same

Sorry again I hope one day I can do something to compensate your inconvenience

best regards

dougahole
western australia
“Perfect for our stay”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

This beautiful home is about 6kms from central Barcelona, and there is a railway station a short 3 minute walk nearby. The house is beautifully equipped and overlooks a steep hill - the terrace areas are a pleasant retreat after a long day exploring the city. Our hostess was very helpful and provided everything we needed for a pleasant stay. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, and would certainly stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serene atmosphere and location.
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: It was a beautiful spacious retreat in the hills outside the city
Liked least: Not a big problem but no relly close local shopping
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The property was gorgeous and traditional
Liked least: The bugs in the garden that bit us!
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Management Response
Jul 10, 2013
Many thanks Lindsay!
makes me happy to know that people enjoy the house
Best regards
Cristina
JBinTO
Toronto, Canada
“A peaceful oasis away from the city”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful experience staying at this villa last August(2012). We were met by Christina who was very accomodating and helped get us all settled in. The house was clean and tidy when we arrived. We were two families totalling 7 people (3 teenagers).

This house was the hi-light of our trip to Barcelona. The location and amenities were exactly as described on TripAdvisor. We ended every day with a big meal on the patio in the shade. The trip to and from Barcelona is easy and convenient with the nearby train (5 minutes walk from the house). The train ride from Pl. de Catalunya takes about 15 minutes. There's no real shopping near the house aside from a small local store that sells a few food essentials. We took the train to San Cugat (10 minutes) to shop at the large supermarket and small shops.

What we loved about this house is that is provided a quiet and cooler (Barcelona was HOT during our visit) place to get away from the busy city life. We looked forward to getting back to the house every evening. The best part of the house is the many balconies and patios. It never felt crowded even with 7 people.

If I had to be critical about anything I would mention the dishwasher didn't always seem to work correctly and we had 1 evening when the neighbours played their music too loud. I would also mention that many taxi drivers have no idea how to get to this house. Our friends spent half an hour touring around the hills looking for the address. They ended up stopping to ask someone who jumped onto his bicycle and led them to the door. My wife and I just took the train and walked from the station so we had no problem (we travel light!).

My main complaint about our stay is that it was over far too quickly. We had just settled in to the comfortable house when we had to leave. I would recommend this to house to anyone visiting Barcelona.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: spacious balconies and patios plus the view
Liked least: lots of stairs to climb
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Thanh-Ha...
Tassin-la-Demi-Lune, Rhone-Alpes, France
“Beautiful house perched on a hill, away from the hustle and bustle of city center.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

Perched on a hill in one of the biggest natural urban parks in Europe, La Belladona is a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of the touristic activities in Barcelona. 20 minutes by suburban train from city center, 10 minutes by train to the Monastery at Saint Cugat, 30 minutes by car to the famous Saint Sebastian beach at Sitges and 45 minutes away by car from Montserrat. We had a hard time coming by car because the house is located on a hill, so roads to get there are narrow and windy. Once you are there, though, you don't really need a car. The suburban train is about a 5 minute walk away from the house and runs every 5 minutes, taking you to the Plaza Catalunya in less than 20 minutes. The house is enclosed by an iron gate and fences and you have to walk up lots of stairs to get to it, so it's not at all adapted for disabled people or people with difficulty walking. Once you've reached the top, though, you are rewarded with a beautiful view of the hills and the neighborhood. The lower part of the house, but detached from the house, is rented to a French musician. He is never there unless you need help with something. For instance, we didn't have hot water one day, so he came to change the gas bottles. The upper part of the house, the part that we rented, has a balcony in the front and a courtyard in the back where you can eat outside. There's a ping pong table as well. The kitchen is well equipped for 6 people, even if the inside kitchen table is rather small. But you'd want to eat outside anyway and the outside table is big enough to easily accommodate 10 people. We ate outside a few times, but there's not a lot of light, so you have to eat before the sun fully sets (which can be until about 10 pm in the summer). Next to the kitchen is a small bedroom with a double bed, a private shower and toilet. On this floor you also have a living room. Up the stairs, there are 3 gorgeous bedrooms: the first has a bunk bed, the second has 2 single beds and the third, a queen size bed. The first 2 rooms open up to a covered balcony. There are seats outside to sit and read. There's a full bathroom on this floor with windows so it's very bright. Towels and linens are provided by the owner. All the beds were made when we came and the house is very clean. The mattresses are of good quality. The rooms are big enough, the decoration is simple but charming. You can tell that this house has been lived in and that its owners have taken good care of it. The owner, Cristina, is extremely welcoming and helpful. Her English and French are very good, so there's no problem if you don't speak Spanish or Catalan. She showed us the way to a typical restaurant on our first day (about a 10 minute walk from the house) and we had sumptuous paella. The house is very conveniently located as the suburban train is so close and comes so often, even late at night. It gets you directly into the center of town with no transfers. Ask Cristina to walk you to the train station because it's not easy finding it by yourself. Train tickets, though, can be quite expensive, so with 3 kids and 3 adults, we opted for a multi-person T-30/70 zone 1 card for about 50€, which allows you to take 70 trips in Zone 1 within 30 days (zone 1 is more than enough for visits in Barcelona). We used up the card in just a week! The only things that you need to be aware of before renting the house: 1/ There are no nearby supermarkets so the best is probably to buy your food when you're in town, which is not always convenient because you have to carry it around with you all day. This said, at the Plaza Catalunya, there's the Boqueria (farmer's market) and some supermarkets (Carrefour Market). Carrefour Market delivers, but you have to be at home at the time of delivery. So to eat at home, you have to really organize well. 2/ You hear the trains go buy because the station is so close by. It's background noise, but it's there. 3/ Lots of mosquitoes. The house is in a natural park so this is to be expected. There are mosquito repellants all over the house, but we were all bitten quite badly. But being in a natural park has its advantages too. It's calm compared to city center and we even saw some wild boar! 4/ The neighboring dogs bark all day, all night. This was probably the most disturbing aspect of the house. Some nights we couldn't eat outside because the dogs were so loud. You can't sleep with the windows open because they bark all night. But once the windows are closed, you only hear muffled barks and sounds of the trains passing by. But we were out most of the time and when we came home, we were usually so tired that we slept through most of this. Other than this, the house is lovely, airy (there's no air conditioning but the house is quite cool) and conveniently located. Cristina is welcoming, helpful and accommodating. Thank you once again, Cristina, for making us feel so at home.

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The convient location of the house
Liked least: The neighborhood dogs barking incessantly
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing