We spent 4 night there in September 2009. We got the rooms 219 and 221, which were only 2 out 5 rooms have balcony in this hotel! The rooms are very well design and far better than any 5 star hotels in Australia!
The metro station Paral·lelAddress (Line 2 & 3) is right in front of the hotel. So it's very easy to go to all major attraction in Barcelona.
As the hotel is on the edge of the old city, the neighbourhood look a bit uneasy at 1st; but the hotel has 24hrs satffing in the front and you are safe ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TravelClick, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia