We wanted a clean safe, hotel in a good location for a good price, and that is exactly what we got. The hotel was a brief walk to Las Ramblas and was right on top of the Metro. It is a little louder due to its location on a busy street, however I'm confident comparable hotels in this location would be even louder. The rooftop pool and sundeck with incredible views of the city was a cherry on top, although the pool was really just a soaking pool. The room was pretty small, but the bathroom was big by European standards. If you don't plan on spending all day in your room, this is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelClick, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia