We stayed at the Barcelona Universal Hotel In July, 2014. We found the hotel to be comfortable and the staff to be very accommodating. All employees were the most friendly and helpful I've seen in a while - from the front desk to the doorman to the maids. Over and over again, we got good advice from the employees at the front desk and they went out of their way to help us find great restaurants and attractions. They even convinced us to use the city's metro and bus system to certain attractions, which we found easy, convenient and money-saving! They gave us little tips that made traveling around the city easier and warned us about areas where we needed to be extra-aware of pick-pockets. Wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia