$178
$201
$155
$139
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Hotel Granvia(Barcelona)
$166
$157
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

Colon Hotel(Barcelona)
$558
$486
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $552/night.

4,365 results
All reviewsmetro stationlas ramblasgreat hotelrooftop poolparal lelminute walkgood sizestayed here for nightstriple roomsmall poolpick pocketsmain roadbusy roadreception staffexcellent locationbooked this hotelshort break
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights. After all, it is all about hospitality. It is about whether you feel welcomed or not. The facilities and the room was not bad. But from what i experienced with hotel staff, i cannot recommend this hotel.

5:40am, I was told by the front dest staff that 24hrs room service is available only at 5 star hotel. I was simply asking two bottles of water on the way back from late night clubbing. Somehow, the front desk staff cannot get me two bottles waters for me. I felt really awkward. No one tell me like that before at hotel desk. And tell me that the service i request is only for 5 star hotel? I, myself, travel every three months. I have stayed from luxury boutique hotel to 3star hotel. At that time I was puzzled and tired. so i cannot even react back that rudeness of the staff.

If you want a outdoor pool and no need for hospitality of hotel staff, you can go this hotel. Good location, good facilities. But, you are expecting to have 4 star hotel, then don't check in. You will feel you're only 4star hotel guest. The room service close at 11pm. No complementary water(3euro each for 350ml). I see some people bring the 1L water from convenient store outside. I believe that is not because they are cheap, but they cannot get drinkable water from hotel after 11pm.

Yeah, I had worst experience with this hotel.

The hotel should consider remove an unwilling staff off from your front desk. No matter how nice the facilities of hotel are, i felt not welcomed here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Dan C
RobertoCifuentes, Director General at Barcelona Universal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Customer;

I am really sorry about your experience but I can not agree your comments.
It is true we have no service at the reception as a bar service but all our rooms have a mini bar with several drinks and snacks. Our bar services works from 7:00h to 23:00h and if you advise us we have no problem serving you whatever you need.
On the other hand I want to confirm that we do not offer free water,and also confirm that the tap water is drinkable in Barcelona.
I appreciate your writing but in the same way I appreciate that you value the rest of your stay and the service received.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel was very nice. The employees were courteous and helpful. The only complaint I had was that the bed was too hard, but I find this in most European hotels, The location was excellent, close to the subway line, and several restaurants. We would stay there again..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Location is very good. 10 mins from the port. 10 mins from ramblas and there are loads of restaurants just outside the hotel. The room was nice, comfortable and clean. Breakfast isnt bad got a small selection but does the job.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Truly enjoyed our visit to Barcelona. The hotel was very comfortable with a very friendly and courteous staff. Las Ramblas is within walking distance. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. Has a pool on the roof of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
RobertoCifuentes, Director General at Barcelona Universal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Best regards.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stay and enjoy the good location and friendly staff. Stayed twice and never disappointed. Near the Las Rambles and great restaurants. Cheap laundry service located behind the hotel. Happy to recommend to all.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sirs;

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us and other posible guests.
Yours sincerely.