Stayed at the Universal for a weekend in Barcelona and it gave us everything that we needed.
The Location is a real plus factor with everything within easy walking distance or a quick tube ride away.
The staff were all very pleasent and gave us lots of good tips for the best way to get around and also advise on getting your tickets booked and printed in advance by the Hotel, this must have saved us a very long time in queues especially for the Basilica de la Sagrada Familia.
The rooms were clean and decent but without giving you the wow factor, breakfast was excellent and would highly recommend to include it with your stay.
Overall I would say this is a very good Hotel and an excellent base to explore Barcelona and would highly recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia