Stayed here for 4 nights in February. Requested a quiet room as previous reviews had suggested that the rooms at the front of the hotel were noisy and was given a room that was peaceful throughout the stay. Overlooked the city roof tops which did include the balconies of the buildings behind but we didn't mind this. Room was spacious, very clean and had everything we needed. Would have liked a few more international channels (maybe some sport) though. Good position for La Rambla and the marina. The area opposite and up the road from the hotel are a little less desirable but never felt worried by it. Breakfast was very copious and could have kept us going all day! Would have welcomed more of a bar area though for the evenings - just a few chairs in reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia