Nicely situated on a wide Avenue a short walk to Las Ramblas. Friendly helpful staff, very helpful in assisting me put car into hotel's underground garage - garage tight for manoeuvring. Bedroom above average size, comfortable bed, excellent bathroom, poor lighting in main room. As previously mentioned no tea/coffee making facilities, but having had similar experiences elsewhere in Spain we now carry a small portable electric kettle and our own supplies. Had a windowless room but hardly a problem in winter. Good view from rooftop but pool closed for winter. Breakfasts very good, and one dinner also fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelClick, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia