We stayed 5 nights in January, the room was quite small and dark, with no sunlight coming in. Extreamly unconfortable pillows and the boy workig as a doorman was very rude. However the receptionist and the rest of the staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet is really good. There is a metrostation directly in front of the hotel and it´s only 10-15min walk from La Rambla, but you do have to walk trough some dodgy areas to get there. I think Universal is a classic 4 star hotel, no reason to go back but not too bad either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located just a five-minute walk from Las Ramblas, Hotel Barcelona Universal grants its guests easy access to all parts of the city. Metro lines 2 and 3 stop just outside the main entrance, at “Paral·lel,” and nearby buses can take you to the beaches of Barcelona, Park Güell, and anywhere in between. A stroll from our hotel near Las Ramblas will take you to some of Barcelona’s favorite tourist attractions.Hotel opened in 2001 and renewed in 2011.Hotel Barcelona Universal has 167 rooms, each equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet. Three “Barcelona Skyline Suites” feature a Jacuzzi and private terrace. Families and larger groups may be accommodated in triple or superior rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelona Universal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Universal
- Barcelona Universal Hotel Catalonia