“Hotel in good position”
Review of Hotel Abbot

Hotel Abbot
Ranked #447 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Pros
Very comfortable bed. Good linen. Well cleaned. Helpful and friendly staff.
Good position to walk anywhere if you are feeling energetic or very handy for Sants station if you want to use train or metro. Very good value for money from Travel republic.

Cons
Road noisy and air conditioning not good (in my room). Breakfasts not much choice and water for tea horrible, but overall for Spain, not too bad. Also the water from the taps had an odd chemical smell - couldn't have been too bad as I only have to look at something sideways to get an allergic reaction and didn't, but having said that would not want to drink it.

Would I stay again? Yes

Room Tip: Higher floors are a little quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Straveller75
There are newer reviews for Hotel Abbot

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Excellent location just across from Sants Railway Station. This station is just 3 stops from the airport. I went to Barca for football and walked to the Nou Camp from the hotel in around 20 minutes. As for the hotel the staff were very good and the room facilities were typical 4 star hotel standard.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bernie R
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Today my mums bag was stolen in Barceloneta on a bench on the promenade, as we were relaxing enjoying our time on the beach my mums bag was beside her very close but we did not think to make sure it was near to us. Furthermore one guy from Morocco approached us on his black pushbike and asked an idiotic question and spoke very poor spanish to distract us as we also had a bike and he asked it is a private bike whilst another guy came round the back but we didn't see him as our attention was drawn toward him. We found out because a woman shouted "the bag", we didn't clock on as it happened within seconds; I tried to chase after him, screaming to raise awareness but he was far gone on his bike so it was impossible. He had brown short hair, pale face not very tall, all dressed in black. Afterwards when I was able to think straight I realised it was the same guy who done it to me in September last year, so it is obvious that he is still doing it, exactly the same asked me a question where is port olimpic; I thought it was suspicious, however I did not realise for quite some time that my bag had been stolen. The way they operate is one comes round the front to ask you a question to distract whilst the other comes round the back they always work in twos majority of the time so please be aware to avoid it happening again. One of the main reasons I am writing this review is I don't want them to win and have the pleasure of having it so easy to steal one belongings, so please do not be an easy target. We rang the police who came to late and they weren't very helpful about what happened at all and all the thief's get is a fine which is unacceptable. In Saudi Arabia if the theif's are caught they get their hands chopped off. So there you have it

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank NataliaG1989
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Barcelona is not cheap, but this place was great value for money. We had a room on the corner on the 4th floor and it was a large room with good aircon it was perfect for our needs. There was a supermarket accross the road which was handy! Breakfast was included in the price which was decent and filling. Stay here if u want a decent Sleep, good location and for sightseeing around town.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

A great hotel if all you are wanting is a bed for the night whilst exploring barcelona. Rooms were small but clean, staff were friendly and helpful!

Greatly situated for the train and underground, as its not in central barcelona which we loved.

Supermarkets just outside along with cafes.

I'd re come d this hotel to weekend break travellers ant time.

Don't let the bad reviews put you off :))

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family arranged an overnight stay in what we understood to be 4 start accommodation in Barcelona. The website gave the impression of comfort and cleanliness with a price deal that included breakfast and seemed unmatchable. The availability of a triple room for myself my wife and 12 year old son was a bonus or so we thought. The staff on arrival were courteous although the decor in reception was unimpressive. Keeping an open mind we made our way to our room ignoring the dents in the stainless steel at the lift entrance. Dismay awaited us as we entered the bedroom. There was no room to move and the room was shabby and reminiscent of hostel accommodation. Fittings were damaged and the walls and floor were in need of serious renovation. A camp bed was the only adaption to a small double room. What appeared o be a bargain turned out to be anything but! After making an immediate complaint to Hotel Click who sourced the deal I determined I would not subject my family to this experience for a moment longer so we left, We managed to agree a refund but what concerned me was the time wasting involved and the misleading impression of the hotel provided on the website.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter W
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel was good overall, friendly staffed and clean but basic rooms (good shower and free wifi). The location is great for this hotel only 5 minute walk from the train station and metro and 30 minute walk to camp nou, would defiantly consider staying again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple