Ramblas Hotel
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
$308
$289
$391
  • Breakfast included
Salles Hotel Pere IV(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$171
$166
Official Site
$219
$200
  • Pool
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$293
$246
Agoda.com
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$194
$162
  • Restaurant
$336
$258
  • Restaurant
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$242
$216
$288
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewspalau guellfantastic locationstreet noisecold meatstop floordouble roomyogurtgothic quarterplaza catalunyaterraceportcathedral
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013

You feel as if there's a scam going on in is hotel, money was stolen from one friends room and earrings from another, you have to pay per night to use the safe, key cards for 4 different rooms were just given out by the night porter at 3am, no id asked for!!
If you buy a drink from the bar you are not allowed to drink it in their seating area on The Ramblas (shown in photo) they charge you a lot more for that pleasure.
If this hotel was situated anywhere else it would not last a season the staff are so unhelpful and RUDE!!

11  Thank libby_den
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and the only good thing I have 2 say about it is the location was good. Rooms very stuffy and smell , food very poor and the staff are rude... We had money taken 110 euros in total over 2 nights when we told the hotel staff they changed our room but that was it. Love Barcelona but will never stay in this hotel again..

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Smithyp79
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I would 100% urge anyone thinking of staying in this hotel NOT TO DO SO.
We had booked a number of rooms to stay with them over a weekend. When we arrived the service was very poor and the staff very unhelpful. Whilst we were out having a meal on the Friday evening, a duplicate card was made by reception to someone (we do not know if it was a member of staff or a random) which was used to enter into our rooms and steal our money. The money was out of sight, and hidden away yet a large sum of money was stolen. When we had informed reception, they told us that the receptionist had made a duplicate card for someone and that is when the theft happened. - they refused to show us the CCTV at the time the card was made, and did not seem to care that this had happened.
There are a number of other hotels in the area offering better prices and better quality accommodation so I would recommend you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Just do not stay here.
1  Thank lbsbris
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went for a weekend with my daughter and 17of her friends to celebrate her upcoming wedding.
I was in a single room as Im on my own. The first night we were there,the evening bar staff and waiter, were terribly grumpy, the young lady in the bar pretended Not to understand us even though I did order in Spanish how difficult to understand aBeer and wine !!,and when we got back to the Hotel at 11 40 pm , She told us we had to be quick, as she was shutting at 12pm, the Waiter in the restaurant was very rude. We had already booked a restaurant, but no smile , so we decided to go out the next night rather than eat there!
The worst of the visit was on checking my English Money, it had been stolen, whenI complained in the Morning, the receptionist checked the computer and said that someone had requested a duplicate Key at 8.46pm the previous night, although we had all left the Hotel at 8.15 pm, it was £85 which to me was a lot of money, we asked to look at the CCtvand also questioned the night staff that evening, but at no time were they at all concerned. My Daughter had to insist they changed my room, as she was worried, I was on my own.The DutyManager is only inMonday to Friday, so I couldnt ask him why a Duplicate key was issued , with no form of identity, and no confirmation of who it was !! SO BE AWARE

Room Tip: Very Noisy, but you have to accept that for the location
2  Thank susiesale
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is brilliantly situated on the Ramblas, right in the middle of Barcelona and handy for shops and beach. I emailed in advance as we were staying for ten days, and asked for a room on the top floor. They gave us an enormous room with a giant balcony which looked out over the back of the hotel over the city in one direction and the port in the other direction. We didn't have a noise problem. Obviously it is never going to be quiet in the middle of a city, but then it would be rather unrealistic to expect that it would be. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. The room was kept extremely clean and the breakfasts were fine for the price range of the hotel. The room had a fridge, which was very handy. Admittedly the lifts were a bit small, but it is a very old building so they probably can't do much about that. We never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. I shall definitely be recommending this hotel to my family and friends and will stay there be time I visit Barcelona.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the higher floors. Balconies cost extra but are worth every penny if, like us, you enjoy sitting out with a drink in the evening looking over the lights etc. of Barcelona. Back of the building is probably better than the front as Barcelona is a 24 hour city and the Ramblas can be a bit noisy at night
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple