“Sleek and Sophisticated”

Melia Barcelona Sarria
Ranked #160 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The modern lobby gave a good first impression. We were personally welcomed by Alexis, one of the managers, who was aware of the fact that I also work for a hotel company and had arranged an upgrade to one of the higher level rooms - which was greatly appreciated. Although it was not particularly large, the room was extremely comfortable and nicely decorated in dark woods and silver. There was plenty of cupboard space and I liked the fact that there were doors to the cupboards from both the entrance hall and the bathroom. The bathroom itself included a bath, bidet and shower that had decent pressure. The blackout curtains were extremely effective and we found our room to be very quiet. The only design flaw in the room is that the kettle cord was far too short and you had to put the kettle on the floor when you wanted to boil water! Wifi was good throughout the hotel and I appreciated the fact that I could use the same login information for my entire visit on all my computers and smartphones. Some other chains have much more complicated procedures. The hotel is in a residential neigborhood and the closest Metro station, Hospital Clinic is about a ten minute walk. We preferred a slightly longer walk along Diagonal Street to the Diagonal Metro, it's more scenic and we liked the exercise - it meant we didn't feel so guilty about the fantastic food we ate each day while in Barcelona. There is a Starbucks about 3 or 4 minutes away, right where the Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour buses stop. This is the second Melia we have stayed at in Barcelona, and like the Sky just a bit further along Diagonal, I can highly recommend it. Would certainly be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a fantastic view and there was no noise from traffic below
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTEL_MELIABARCELONA, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Barcelona Sarria, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen Meliá Barcelona and also for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments.

We are delighted that you had good experience of the hotel and thank you for your kind comments about the staff; it will be a pleasure to share your kind feedback with the rest of the Melia Barcelona Team!

It is a pleasure for us receives this kind of comment from our customers, your opinion is very important for keeping working to obtain all our customer experiences as yours.

To create memorable experiences in our guests is one of our goals and when we make this dream come true, we feel very proud.

We hope to welcome you back to the Meliá Barcelona Sarrià for the new experience.

Alexis Mazorra
Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Melia Barceleona Sarria in July as part of our Spanish honeymoon. The hotel was modern and extremely clean. The room was a bit small but the fact that it was so aesthetically pleasing and comfortable more than made up for it. The staff was helpful and made us feel welcome. Some of the bartenders seemed a bit surly but I heard from local tour guides that they are resentful because the Spanish economy is so bad and many are underpaid or sometimes go weeks without payment. Bearing this in mind I would say that their attitude makes sense. Their breakfast buffet was simply amazing! One of the best we had during our entire Spanish vacation. Huge selection of foods, from make your own omelettes, to freshly made waffles. Overall we were extremely satisfied with our stay and would highly recommend it to any inquiring future guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTEL_MELIABARCELONA, Resident Manager at Melia Barcelona Sarria, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Actually, our hotel is an exception in the Spanish economy and little by little, we are leaving behind that which is called crisis.The turism is one of our economic bases and i feel so proud of working in this Dream Factory.

Your comments gives us a great satisfaction on having verified that the level of organization and quality of our hotel works top-level as you indicate, which is precisely our philosophy.

I will be pleased to transmit your congratulations to all the staff.

I am looking forward to see you in your next visit to Barcelona and do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need.

Natalia Seoane
Resident Manager

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I found the hotel clean and contemporary with solid amenities such as stable wifi, terrific room maintenance each day and a good breakfast that included gluten-free choices! Also, I had an awesome view from my room on the 15th floor. The neighbourhood was very safe and quiet. The Level add-on was wonderful and the concierge service great for booking tickets to avoid line-ups and proving me with helpful information. The Level lounge had excellent tapas, beverages and snacks all day and was a good place to unwind in. The staff knew my name before I arrived and were nothing but helpful. I rented a Vespa for 3 days with Vesping, and it, along with my very comfortable 4 day stay at Melia, made Barcelona feel like home away from home.

Room Tip: Get the 'Level' to secure the best room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RichmondBcPeanut

We are thrilled to know that you had a good experience in The Level service, the most exclusive service in our hotel.

I will be pleased to transmit your congratulations to The Level Team.

We are looking forward to see you in your next visit and do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need.

Natalia Seoane
Resident Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2013

we stayed here in august of 2013 and found the hotel to be very clean and tidy, but the area it is located in is a bit of a dump. its a real pity as this hotel has lots to offer...one of the oddest things we found is there was only one bathrobe supplied in a twin bedded room? but this was minor as we were only there for 3 nights. we both had a very good nights sleep here and the staff were eager to please and spoke very good english. rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed on request, also the air con is very quiet.

Room Tip: consider an upgrade as the rooms are higher up and you get a really good view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Melia Barcelona Sarria was very nice and comfortable. It has a very modern décor, very cool. The reception staff were very nice, friendly, spoke very good English. The rooms were nice, clean. I wanted to bring a coffee to the room in the morning but when I asked if I could bring coffee to my room from the restaurant they said no which was unfortunate. I found a Starbuck's around the back of the hotel that was open at 7am. If you are interested in going to city centre and La Rambla, the hotel is a bit too far to walk but the Hop on/hop off bus stopped nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
HOTEL_MELIABARCELONA, Guest Experience Assistant at Melia Barcelona Sarria, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

We appreciate so much your time and your comments about our Hotel Melià Barcelona Sarrià.

It is a pleasure for us that you have valued our work so positive. Your opinion will help us to improve and will motivate our staff to keep working with passion to achieve our first aim, your satisfaction.

We will inform of your comments to all our staff, especially to our Reception Team.

Kind regards,

Jorge Robles García
Guest Experience Assistant

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just back from a med trip on Holland America & stayed here for two nites per cruise . We arrived after over 24 hours flying & with nearly 40 kgs of luggage each . Firstly no one assisted us with our bags & we then were greeted at reception by Rene with nothing , not even " welcome to Barcelona & the hotel Melia " signed in , got our room keys & still not a word had been spoken . We had to even ask where the lifts were . He & the porter then watched us again lug all our bags to the lifts. We both felt like criminals . When we reached our room on the third floor we found the room to be very dark with too much timber panelling . The only good thing we found was that it was near the hop on hop off bus stop & also we found a lovely little restaurant around the corner " Come Come " -see my review . When we left two days later there was a delay in checking our as there was not enough check out staff & in the end the Holland America staff arranged for us to go as the bus was waiting . We absolutely loved Barcelona & will definitely be back but certainly not to this hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After my reservation is confirmed, I was asked if I would prefer to upgrade to the ''Level'' situation. I am happy that I agreed, since it definitely worths, I recommend it.When we reached at the hotel, the desk management very kindly upgraded our room to a junior suite, as well.
The hotel is situated very near to the centre. We could reach the hop on hop off bus stations by a 2 min walk, and could by the tour tickets at the reception. The hotel staff, the level staff are very kind and try to make you feel at home. There is a small gym/spa/pool unit close to the Level lounge, but it suffices to be used during the busy navigation programme in the city. The small pool with the jakuzzi gave us fun during our afternoon breaks. In conclusion, I strongly recommend this hotel to those looking for a comfortable experience in Barcelona.
Prof. Dr. Enis Alpin Guneri MD MSc

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HOTEL_MELIABARCELONA, Guest Experience Assistant at Melia Barcelona Sarria, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

We really appreciate so much your positive comment about your experience in our Hotel Melià Barcelona Sarrià.

We are looking forward to see you soon, in your next visit to Barcelona and do not hesitate to
contact us for any doubt you could have.

Thank you very much Prof. Dr. Guneri,