The modern lobby gave a good first impression. We were personally welcomed by Alexis, one of the managers, who was aware of the fact that I also work for a hotel company and had arranged an upgrade to one of the higher level rooms - which was greatly appreciated. Although it was not particularly large, the room was extremely comfortable and nicely decorated in dark woods and silver. There was plenty of cupboard space and I liked the fact that there were doors to the cupboards from both the entrance hall and the bathroom. The bathroom itself included a bath, bidet and shower that had decent pressure. The blackout curtains were extremely effective and we found our room to be very quiet. The only design flaw in the room is that the kettle cord was far too short and you had to put the kettle on the floor when you wanted to boil water! Wifi was good throughout the hotel and I appreciated the fact that I could use the same login information for my entire visit on all my computers and smartphones. Some other chains have much more complicated procedures. The hotel is in a residential neigborhood and the closest Metro station, Hospital Clinic is about a ten minute walk. We preferred a slightly longer walk along Diagonal Street to the Diagonal Metro, it's more scenic and we liked the exercise - it meant we didn't feel so guilty about the fantastic food we ate each day while in Barcelona. There is a Starbucks about 3 or 4 minutes away, right where the Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour buses stop. This is the second Melia we have stayed at in Barcelona, and like the Sky just a bit further along Diagonal, I can highly recommend it. Would certainly be happy to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fully renovated Melia Barcelona Sarria is a luxury city hotel with a strategic location in the financial, cultural and commercial heart of the city of Barcelona. Only a few minutes from Avenida Diagonal, the Paseo de Gracia and the Football Club Barcelona Camp Nou Stadium, it is the perfect choice both for business and leisure travellers. Near the stops for the tourist bus, the hotel is also located in one of the city’s main cultural and entertainment districts. Its privileged location in center city Barcelona allows guests rapid access by public transportation or a peaceful stroll to the city's main touristic and cultural points of interest; and also outstanding shopping and commercial areas of the City of Gaudi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Barcelona Sarria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Sol Melia Barcelona
- Barcelona Sol Melia
- Melia Barcelona Sarria Catalonia