We booked this as part of a four-night BA Club Europe package and, at first, it was not up to scratch. We were given a room on the 18th floor which is great if you like views (we could see out to sea) but we prefer to be a little closer to earth. This is was not a major problem of course, but what was a problem was that the room was tiny. It had a double bed in it, just, and very little room for anything else. The wardrobe had only enough space for one person’s clothing, there was nowhere to put our suitcase and all-in-all the room was simply too small for two people, however intimate which each other you plan to be. On the first day we asked if a larger room was available and were told that we could upgrade for a fee. We decided to stick with it. On the second day we ordered room service which was, simply put, awful – €25 for a cold, processed chicken burger served with oil-soggy, limp chips, €20 for a tasteless tuna pizza made with a stale dough base. We didn’t eat in the hotel again. On the third day I went to the spa which was nothing special and rather an odd set-up in that there was just one small, personal changing room (one for men, one for women) together with a single toilet right next to the receptionist – it all felt a little bit weird and uncomfortable and not as relaxed as spas, in my opinion, should be. Following this experience we decided to complain about our room again and this is where things got better. We were upgraded (no mention of a fee this time) to a very nice, spacious room on the 5th floor. The porter who helped us move rooms couldn’t have been more helpful and friendly. Once we made the move and learned to avoid the food we had a great time. The room we ended up in was really very nice, comfortable and stylishly decorated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fully renovated Melia Barcelona Sarria is a luxury city hotel with a strategic location in the financial, cultural and commercial heart of the city of Barcelona. Only a few minutes from Avenida Diagonal, the Paseo de Gracia and the Football Club Barcelona Camp Nou Stadium, it is the perfect choice both for business and leisure travellers. Near the stops for the tourist bus, the hotel is also located in one of the city’s main cultural and entertainment districts. Its privileged location in center city Barcelona allows guests rapid access by public transportation or a peaceful stroll to the city's main touristic and cultural points of interest; and also outstanding shopping and commercial areas of the City of Gaudi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Melia Barcelona Sarria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Sol Melia Barcelona
- Barcelona Sol Melia
- Melia Barcelona Sarria Catalonia