myself and my boyfriend have just returned from a 3 night stay at Melia Barcelona to celebrate my birthday and we LOVED it. We were allocated a room on the 19th floor with amazing views of the city, lovely big bed and jacuzzi bath which was great after walking all day. I also had chocolates and a rose left on my pillow each night! No tea or coffee in the room but there was plenty at breakfast and that was the only time we wanted any.
breakfast was a little chaotic, as others have suggested, mainly because it was so busy over the weekend. But the selection of food and drink was excellent, we had a pot of coffee brought to our table and the rest was self service. But the best thing about the hotel was the service, everyone we had dealings with were so helpful and charming. We had room service at 2am a couple of nights and a iron and ironing board delivered within 2 minutes of making the call and they always rang to check it had been received. We we're always helped with our luggage and taxis hailed and given directions, which was helpful with our patchy spanish! I've no idea why some reviewers found the lifts so difficult to work, you key in your floor number it tells you which lift to take (A/B/C/D) and it takes you there. Even at peak times we waited no more than 30 seconds, those who cannot use the system are clearly idiots!!
As for the location, it's in the heart of the financial district close to a lot of high end shops and restaurants (we were at Hisop friday night, great Michelin star place worth checking out). walking to la Rambla takes 20 mins or you can jump in a taxi for about 5 Euro. The tourist bus (red and blue) stopped just round the corner from the hotel which we used to get around during the day and was well worth it.
We had a fab time in Barcelona and this hotel was the cherry on top of the cake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fully renovated Melia Barcelona Sarria is a luxury city hotel with a strategic location in the financial, cultural and commercial heart of the city of Barcelona. Only a few minutes from Avenida Diagonal, the Paseo de Gracia and the Football Club Barcelona Camp Nou Stadium, it is the perfect choice both for business and leisure travellers. Near the stops for the tourist bus, the hotel is also located in one of the city’s main cultural and entertainment districts. Its privileged location in center city Barcelona allows guests rapid access by public transportation or a peaceful stroll to the city's main touristic and cultural points of interest; and also outstanding shopping and commercial areas of the City of Gaudi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Melia Barcelona Sarria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Sol Melia Barcelona
- Barcelona Sol Melia
- Melia Barcelona Sarria Catalonia