We are SPG gold members and were so disappointed by our room. We arrived at 6pm and they had to keep checking if the room was even ready at that time. We arrived at our room on the 2nd floor (first concern - very low floor) and our hearts sank. The room was tiny and faced a brick wall with local apartments above it. We called the front desk to see if we could switch and the only other rooms were 2nd floor street (very noisy) or 4th floor right above our existing room, so we decided to stay put. The cleanliness was questionable - stains around the bathroom walls and on the backboard of the bed, sticky blow dryer.....The room (maybe all?) needs a thorough deep cleaning. I was pretty grossed out. If the location wasn't so amazing I would give it zero stars but I guess that's their hook. Location is perfectly situated to get to everything in Barcelona within a 10 minute walk. So if you're willing to overlook the fact that this is not your typical sparkling Starwood property, then I would recommend staying here for the location alone. If you want that luxurious feeling in your room offered by mostly all Starwood properties, do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia