We stayed at Le Meridien for 3 nights over a long weekend and were not disappointed. For us the important things were a lovely bathroom to freshen up in, a comfortable large bed to get some well needed sleep in and a lovely quiet room so as to not be disturbed in the middle of the night.....all 3 of these were achieved as we deliberately wanted a non Las Ramblas facing room (we have already visited Barcelona about 10 years ago and knew it can get a little loud on occasion). I in particular found our bed very very comfortable and the shower was perfect for a relaxed cleanse after walking (or sitting in the lovely sun) all day!
The hotel staff we found to be very welcoming and accomodating and would always greet you and be willing to help. The only downside we found that the coffee in our room was not great, but you have the option to go downstairs and get an Illy coffee from the Cafe or alternatively being directly on the Ramblas you have hundreds of other places to grab one (as well as a Starbucks two doors down should you wish a takeout).
We would most certainly return to Le Meridien should we visit Barcelona again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia