“Perfect hotel for a short weekend escape......” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Barcelona

Le Meridien Barcelona
Ranked #122 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
“Perfect hotel for a short weekend escape......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed at Le Meridien for 3 nights over a long weekend and were not disappointed. For us the important things were a lovely bathroom to freshen up in, a comfortable large bed to get some well needed sleep in and a lovely quiet room so as to not be disturbed in the middle of the night.....all 3 of these were achieved as we deliberately wanted a non Las Ramblas facing room (we have already visited Barcelona about 10 years ago and knew it can get a little loud on occasion). I in particular found our bed very very comfortable and the shower was perfect for a relaxed cleanse after walking (or sitting in the lovely sun) all day!

The hotel staff we found to be very welcoming and accomodating and would always greet you and be willing to help. The only downside we found that the coffee in our room was not great, but you have the option to go downstairs and get an Illy coffee from the Cafe or alternatively being directly on the Ramblas you have hundreds of other places to grab one (as well as a Starbucks two doors down should you wish a takeout).

We would most certainly return to Le Meridien should we visit Barcelona again.

Room Tip: If you want peace then get a non Ramblas facing room, but if you wish for views then head up to the...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Susannah,

thank you very much for giving us such a great rating!
I am glad you appreciated our Illy coffee in Longitude Bar. Next time, maybe you will get to "pair" it with one of our new Eclairs, which are delicious.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Elisa Barral

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at the Le Meridien Barcelona for 3 nights over a long weekend and had a terrific experience at the hotel. While our room had no view to speak of, and faced another building rather than Las Ramblas, this ensured that the room was very quiet and this was great. The room was an upgrade to the "Junior Suite," which was nice - not exactly a US standard executive suite, but certainly a large and very nicely appointed guest room. Everything was clean and very comfortable. As this is a designer hotel, the coffee / beverage services were tucked away in a corner of the closet, which I thought was a bit strange, and we had to pull the kettle out and set it on the floor in the hall to make coffee, as there wasn't a place to set the kettle on a table - maybe in the bathroom was what they were thinking? Probably the hotel should just put a power cable in the closet.

We had breakfast each morning which was good, if not exactly inspiring; the food though was perfectly fine and the service was friendly and efficient.

Perhaps one of the greatest aspects of this hotel is the amazing location of the property, right in the middle of everything on Las Ramblas - I can't think of a better place to stay for our first visit to Barcelona, and we were able to tour around and see many sights on foot as the location is just so convenient. If you're considering a sight-seeing tour to Barcelona, I would absolutely recommend this property.

Room Tip: If / when we return, I'll ask for a room upgrade to one with a small balcony, which looked reall...
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Lets start on location, right on la Ramblas, but entrance off of street so felt safer then if entering from main drag. Doormen also greeted you when coming and going. We arrived early on check in day and I was worried they wouldn't have a room ready but the women whose name I can't remember now (started with a T) found a room so we could rest up and shower before exploring city. She asked the reason for our visit and when we told her we were here to see our son who was studying there, she even offered to make him a key. We were on the second floor, room was not huge but spacious enough. We did not have any view but I liked that the window opened to get some fresh air. The beds were a little low to ground but comfortable. I loved the bathroom, we did not have a tub but a double shower with rain forest head and hand spray. TV in bathroom was nice touch but didn't use it. Great powerful hair dryer in room! With the exception of the business center to print boarding passes we did not use amenities, too much to see out of hotel. Another nice touch was bottled water without charge in room. Our room was clean and I love the bathrobes. Only negative was not enough wardrobe space if staying for long period and more than one person. Would highly recommend the hotel to anyone heading to Barcelona.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

although I would have loved to read that you experienced and loved our restaurants and bars, I know it means you fully took advantage of our wonderful Barcelona city! And that it good, very good.

Thank you very much for recommending us and I hope we will be welcoming you again soon.

Pordenone, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

What a great experience. I traveled alone for the first time to a foreign country and have to admit I was a bit concerned. When I arrived to the hotel the staff was so VERY nice and accommodating to all my questions and concerns about safety. Montse Pujos and Monica Garcia went the extra ten miles to make certain I felt comfortable and safe at the Le Meridien Hotel. All the staff from the housekeepers to the concierge were wonderful. From correcting my errors in booking tours to addressing me by name, I felt like a "honored" guest here at the Le Meridien hotel. I had a great and fun time here in Barcelona, they were the most important part by assuring and seeing to my comfort in so many ways. Thank you from my heart to yours.

Room Tip: I really loved the balcony, but if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the street. I...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

this is fantastic that we helped you discover that traveling alone can be safe and fun!
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the city, your time with us and above all, that all the team and especially Montse and Monica made the difference!

Cheers to many more solo travels!

Best,

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

It is a good hotel well located but really it is too small to provide the level of service expected of such a hotel. On more than one occasion we gave arrived room was not ready and wasn't ready till after 4pm an hour after official check in.
Work to do here!

Room Tip: Get one of the larger ones facing the front
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank neil m
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

I am very sorry to read that there seems to have ben a misunderstanding in regards to room servicing times. We clean occupied rooms until late afternoon but whenever a guest informs us of a time preference, we are more than happy to adjust as much as possible.

Please apologize for any inconveniences caused. I hope we will still have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future!

Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of the great SPG properties. Totally surprised at the design and size. Pleasantly surprised at the location right in the heart of the action in Barcelona, but yet on a side street without the noise. Great welcome at the reception and extremely helpful. With SPG Gold we received a nice room on the main street overlooking the activities. Clean and welcoming. Several special offers when you get to you room for free coffee and discount trip to the Contemporary Museum.
Had the BEST time at the Longitude Bar with Anita who ran the bar area. She was the best and a keeper for any hotel. Had to come back each night just to see her smile and enjoy the talks with her. Anita made our trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the main street, just for the action and view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Mike,

You cannot imagine how proud I feel after reading your comments. Anita is fantastic and we love having her in the team.
Rest assured that we will share your comments with her.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights during an extremely busy time. The hotel was well run, clean & comfortable & the staff were extremely professional and friendly. I managed to lose my phone in a taxi & the concierge even managed to track it down for me - no task was too much trouble. The room was well equipped & even though I was right over the front entrance it wasn't too noisy for the center of a busy city. The only negative was that the gym was very small and dimly lit. Although I get the feeling that guests would rather be outside running than stuck on a treadmill anyway. I would definitely go back for business or with my family

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank taliej757
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with the travel community.
I am sorry to read you lost your phone in a taxi but happy to read our team did its best to assist wherever possible.

In regards to the fitness center, we are currently looking into how e could upgrade the installations and your comments will be very useful. Thank you!