“Wonderful hotel choice for Barcelona!!!!”

Le Meridien Barcelona
Ranked #118 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
“Wonderful hotel choice for Barcelona!!!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was my first trip to Barcelona and my first stay at a Le Meridian despite being an SPG gold member since 1999. I was very impressed with the hotel and their staff, especially the front office manager Walter Rijkers. I was recognized as a gold member and given an amazing room with a great view. The front office staff and concierge were all very helpful. The location proved to be ideal and I was very happy in my choice of this hotel. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and if my travels bring me back to Spain this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Dean,

Well...Let's hope your travels bring you back to Barcelona, because we would love to welcome you again at Le Méridien Barcelona!

I am glad to read that we made your time in Barcelona such a memorable one.
Thank you very much for this wonderful review!

Elisa Barral

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, TX
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Le Meridien could not be in a better place. Along La Rambla, the hotel is easy to get to from the airport or train station using the Metro (from the train station) or the Airport Bus.We walked all over Barcelona and never felt the need to get on the hop on/off bus or ride the metro, even though it is easy to do. We enjoyed buying bread and cheap wine/cheese at the Carre Four next door, as well as strolling along St. Joseph's Market. The staff at the Le Meridien were all so friendly and accomodating. Even though we arrived at 9 am, they had a room ready for us. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished (a low, but comfortable bed) and the big rain shower was so relaxing! We were also very surprised at how quiet it was at night despite the location and we even opened the windows to let some cool air in. We enjoyed sitting in the bar for a drink at the end of the day as well. There is also free low speed wi-fi in the rooms and we used the internet on our phones and never had a problem with connection. I would highly recommend this hotel and if I ever go back to Barcelona, I will absolutely stay there. Thanks for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

I am glad to read that you not only enjoyed our hotel and its priviledged location, but also our bar in the evening. And even more that you recommend it as a great place to "end a day in Barcelona".

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I could have not been more pleased with my stay at the Meridian Barcelona. Over the last few years I have stayed at this hotel several times and have had consistently excellent service. The location gives great access to Los Rambles yet at the same time serves as a quiet retreat when the action get to be too much. All of my stays have been in the rooms in the front of the hotel with a round living room giving a great view of the street with large windows that open letting the sounds fill the space. But don’t worry, with the windows closed its quiet and restful. The room also has a nice big TV with the standard range of channels you would expect at any international hotel. There is also a giant circular couch, desk and dining table for two, making the room extremely functional as well as comfortable for relaxing and having a drink at the end of a busy day.

The bedroom is tucked off to the side and was cool quiet and the curtains could block all the light. It also comes off an interior hallway so no stray noise coming in from the common hallway. The bathroom is across the hall, has a really big shower several shower heads. My only issue is the lighting was a bit of all or nothing- so when trying to navigate at night I was either in the dark or blinded by the light.

This hotel stays on my list of recommendations!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Looking for a Hotel in Barcelona with a terrific location, modern-spacious rooms and impeccable service? Well Stop Looking because its Right Here! The Staff was cordial and Friendly. The General Manager, Elisa Barral was accommodating and professional. Lastly, Bruno Parrinha, concierge, was extremely knowledgeable and so helpful in assisting us with tickets for special attractions, restuarant suggestions and more importantly sharing the "inside tips" you will not discover in any book of how to experience Barcelona.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you liked your stay with us and that you absolutely recommend us to the fellow travel community!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any future assistance you may require.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2014

On the surface the Le Meridien Barcelona was exactly what I expected - chic and upscale. I loved the lobby and the room was very nice and comfortable. The main thing that makes this hotel really stand out are the employees. Every time we entered, we were met with smiles and a warm reception. While waiting on the elevators, we were asked how are stay was going and if there was anything we needed help with as far as exploring the city. Everyone was very genuine and really cared that we had a nice stay. I was really sad to leave! Really and exception experience.

The hotel is located right on the Rambla, which is great! The Rambla can get noisy at night, but it was not a problem in the room (you might want to request a high floor). There is PLENTY to see and do just outside the doors of the hotel!

We used this hotel for 2 nights after a cruise. It is close to the ship terminal and a great location for pre and post cruises.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank bohnbutler
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

I absolutely agree, people make the difference! And our team is fantastic. I am glad to read all these wonderful words about our associates and the hotel.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back some time soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This visit was enhanced by the customer service level of everyone at the hotel. The hotel manager, Mr. Salvatore Battle, and his staff were extremely helpful when we landed and gave us suggestions of things to do around the city. He was also able to upgrade us before we landed, which was a nice surprise.

The concierge, Ricardo, was super helpful in giving us suggestions for restaurants as well as assisting us in booking tours, etc.

Overall great trip and a huge thanks to the entire staff at the front desk and concierge desk.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Barcelona!

Thank you so much for all those kind words about our team. I makes me extremely proud to read about the fantastic work of associates like Salvador or Rodrigo.
It also looks like you took good advantage of our excellent location in the heart of everything.

Looking forward to welcoming you back sometime soon,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2014

When you check in to a Le Meridien you expect good service and a great experience, why shouldn't you ... You are paying for it, otherwise you would go to a motel or a cheap hotel where even they get the basics right. Our experience at this hotel was not the best, they could not even get the basics right ... It was disappointing to see the Hotel GM sing the same incompetent tone as her employees, don't think she got the concept about being in the "hospitality" industry. As a platinum SPG member I was thoroughly disappointed. For those of you expecting the fine things at a hotel like this one, this hotel is a toss up ... Could be good BUT could be worse ... Are you willing to risk it? I would avoid this one ... I only took the time to write this so my fellow travelers know that this property is not risk free ... Happy holidays !!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank mahboob_vaseem
Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

I am terribly sorry to read that your stay at out hotel did not meet your expectations.
Please apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.
I would love to better understand in which areas we could have done better to cater to your needs.
Therefore I remain at yout entire disposal in case you wish to contact me directly to discuss your stay at Le Méridien Barcelona.