“LOCATION-LOCATION AND SERVICE WITH A SMILE”

Le Meridien Barcelona
Ranked #112 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Looking for a Hotel in Barcelona with a terrific location, modern-spacious rooms and impeccable service? Well Stop Looking because its Right Here! The Staff was cordial and Friendly. The General Manager, Elisa Barral was accommodating and professional. Lastly, Bruno Parrinha, concierge, was extremely knowledgeable and so helpful in assisting us with tickets for special attractions, restuarant suggestions and more importantly sharing the "inside tips" you will not discover in any book of how to experience Barcelona.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you liked your stay with us and that you absolutely recommend us to the fellow travel community!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any future assistance you may require.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Barcelona

Reviewed February 20, 2014

On the surface the Le Meridien Barcelona was exactly what I expected - chic and upscale. I loved the lobby and the room was very nice and comfortable. The main thing that makes this hotel really stand out are the employees. Every time we entered, we were met with smiles and a warm reception. While waiting on the elevators, we were asked how are stay was going and if there was anything we needed help with as far as exploring the city. Everyone was very genuine and really cared that we had a nice stay. I was really sad to leave! Really and exception experience.

The hotel is located right on the Rambla, which is great! The Rambla can get noisy at night, but it was not a problem in the room (you might want to request a high floor). There is PLENTY to see and do just outside the doors of the hotel!

We used this hotel for 2 nights after a cruise. It is close to the ship terminal and a great location for pre and post cruises.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank bohnbutler
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

I absolutely agree, people make the difference! And our team is fantastic. I am glad to read all these wonderful words about our associates and the hotel.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back some time soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This visit was enhanced by the customer service level of everyone at the hotel. The hotel manager, Mr. Salvatore Battle, and his staff were extremely helpful when we landed and gave us suggestions of things to do around the city. He was also able to upgrade us before we landed, which was a nice surprise.

The concierge, Ricardo, was super helpful in giving us suggestions for restaurants as well as assisting us in booking tours, etc.

Overall great trip and a huge thanks to the entire staff at the front desk and concierge desk.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Barcelona!

Thank you so much for all those kind words about our team. I makes me extremely proud to read about the fantastic work of associates like Salvador or Rodrigo.
It also looks like you took good advantage of our excellent location in the heart of everything.

Looking forward to welcoming you back sometime soon,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

When you check in to a Le Meridien you expect good service and a great experience, why shouldn't you ... You are paying for it, otherwise you would go to a motel or a cheap hotel where even they get the basics right. Our experience at this hotel was not the best, they could not even get the basics right ... It was disappointing to see the Hotel GM sing the same incompetent tone as her employees, don't think she got the concept about being in the "hospitality" industry. As a platinum SPG member I was thoroughly disappointed. For those of you expecting the fine things at a hotel like this one, this hotel is a toss up ... Could be good BUT could be worse ... Are you willing to risk it? I would avoid this one ... I only took the time to write this so my fellow travelers know that this property is not risk free ... Happy holidays !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank mahboob_vaseem

Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

I am terribly sorry to read that your stay at out hotel did not meet your expectations.
Please apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.
I would love to better understand in which areas we could have done better to cater to your needs.
Therefore I remain at yout entire disposal in case you wish to contact me directly to discuss your stay at Le Méridien Barcelona.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a very nice hotel right in the center of the action in Barcelona. I stayed for two nights at the end of a long and exhausting business trip across Europe. When I arrived I realized that I had left my iPad at the airport security in another city from where I had just departed. The front desk staff at the hotel were extremely helpful, contacting the airport, tracking down my lost item and arranging shipment of it back to the US. They even followed up with me a week later to check if it had been returned to me.

Th equality, value and location of the hotel was very good but it is the service I received which has made this hotel my go-to choice from now on when I am in Barcelona.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear John,

Reading your comments makes me feel even more proud of the hotel team than I already am.
I am happy to read that you recovered your iPad.
Personalized service is our biggest focus area and reading your story shows me that our associates are going beyond that!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed there in October 2013. It was our first time in Barcelona and the hotel was well designed and staff was polite. The rooms were nicely appointed, clean and spacious. We were upgraded to a suite, so I'm not sure how spacious the standard rooms are. The only thing that I wasn't crazy about was that it was right on the La Rambla which is crowded with tourists and not the most peaceful scene. But, since this was our first time in Barcelona, it was good to have experienced it once. Next time I think we may want to stay in an area that is a bit less hectic.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shootme11
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in the heart of Barcelona.
If you would like to try other hotels, I recommend our sister hotel W Barcelona located right on the beach, although I hope you will end up staying back with us!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We booked this hotel because of the proximity to many sites within walking distance. The staff was very friendly, the concierge very helpful, and the buffet breakfast (included in our package) was adequate. Our rooms were spacious, the beds OK, and the shower was wonderful! We were just steps from Las Ramblas which allowed us to explore the Gothic Quarter, Las Ramblas to the Sea, the many homes of Gaudi, and Sagrada Familia. The open market was just around the corner and we enjoyed the fresh fruits every day. Many restaurants were within easy walk distance too.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Greetings from Le Méridien Barcelona,

it looks like you really took advantage of our excellent location! I hope that the fact that you so much enjoyed your time in Barcelona means that ewill be seeing you back in the future.