My mother and I stayed here on the last leg of a long tour of Europe in June 2013. This was my second time staying at the property, the first being in 2008 before renovations were completed. The hotel, in Le Meridien style, is a tad modern and decorated in bold colors. The lobby is nice and the staff was very helpful. The hotel was very busy when we stayed.
We were a little disappointed in our room. It was updated and clean, but the room was very small (which is why I only gave four stars/Very Good). Our room faced out to a street and we could hear a lot of street noise but we did not hear much noise from the hallway. To me, this felt typical of a city hotel so I'm not sure if it is a case of expectations versus reality. Having stayed at a number of Starwood properties throughout Europe, I still believe the room was disappointingly small. However, we didn't spend a lot of time there due to the great location to the many sites we wanted to visit. The area around the hotel - Las Rambles - has a great energy and is at the epicenter if you want to get out and see the city.
We particularly appreciated the friendliness of the staff and how helpful the concierge was in helping us book a few things. As another reviewer mentioned, the recommendations for restaurants felt typical. We did end up at a place where we had a LOVELY meal, we just had to pry a little bit.
We also had excellent breakfast at the hotel each day. As I recall, it was a bit pricey, but the convenience and the food made us feel as though it was worth it.
If I had to stay again, I might look at other hotels in the same area to compare price versus size of room, but I would consider staying again because of the staff and how well the facilities have been kept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia