Situated on Las Ramblas, the hotel is walking distance to almost everything. Close to the La Boqueria, Gothic area and Cathedral. Taxi ride from the airport costs about 28 euros. Don't pay for airport transfers which the hotel offers for 75 euros. Take the hop on/off bus that will take you to the must see places in Barcelona.
Our concierge Christian was very helpful. He helped me booked some of my tours and recommended good places to eat.
The hotel restaurant offers a 3 course meal including wine during week days for 20 euros which they don't advertised if you are a walk-in. I had the best paella there.
The hotel is close to the port . It cost about 30 euros for a taxi cab ride if you are embarking on a cruise.
The room seems standard for the category. The bathroom is modern but the shower faucet is difficult to regulate. It is either too hot or too cold.
Due to the hotel accessibilty to most places, we had time to take naps in the afternoon and resume the tour later on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Starwood EMEA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia