Le Meridien Barcelona
Acta Antibes(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$154
$140
$188
Ayre Hotel Rosellon(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$288
$251
  • Restaurant
NH Barcelona Ramblas(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$230
$199
$171
$137
Hotel Balmes(Barcelona)
$235
$203
  • Pool
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$241
$214
$347
Barcelo Raval(Barcelona)
$303
$222
Travelocity
2,624 results
All reviewslas ramblasstarwood pointsgreat locationspg memberla boqueriaside streetconcierge deskupgraded to a suitehotel restaurantrain showergothic quarterstreet noisecentral locationpicasso museumtapassagrada familiacruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've been to Barcelona three or four times but this was the best hotel I've stayed in while in that beautiful city by far. Check in was very gracious and several "freebies" were presented. The room was modern and comfortable with excellent climate controls and entertainment. The Internet was a bit slow if pressed to complain about anything. I did not use the restaurant but did have a drink at the bar which was fairly empty.

The location cannot be beat as you are right on Le Ramblas. The market is a few minutes away and while the nearby restaurants are touristy, I did have a business meeting with a native who managed to find a nearby restaurant that was serving the locals.

I'm looking forward to returning soon. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DamienHarveston
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am a SPG Gold member and have stay in starwood hotels because I thought it meant their standards and trust was reliable when travel out side the country. Not the case for the Le Meridien in Barcelona. I was on vacation with my family and booked a Junior Suite with starpoints for two nights. The amount of starpoint was high and for a 5 star hotel rate. When I arrived they informed me I would need to pay 120 euros per night to a larger room due to 4 people and it as illegal for 4 in a room. I would also be charged 80 EURO per night per person. I had no choice but to agree and accept the charge. I then watched them do the same to the next four people checking in and telling them they would have to upgrade for other reasons. One was a newly married couple who they told them they only had rooms with single beds and to get a King bed it would cost them 80 EUROS per night. When I got to the room it was the same room I originally booked and they just pulled out the couch . It was not a standard pull out and was just the extending the cushions to make a bed. It was so hard we all ended up sleeping in the two twin beds with may children .

After all that I arrive home to look at my credit card bill and I had received an second bill for 165 Euros in addition to my check out bill . When I called the hotel they told me this happens a lot and is an error in their room deposit when I checked in. They said they were not allowed to correct it by phone due to security reasons and I would have to email them the details.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank rdaven_13
LMHotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Greetings from le Méridien Barcelona,

I was very sorry to read that YOU seem to have experienced some difficulties during your stay at Le Méridien Barcelona, mainly with regards to your reservation. Please allow me to explain in order to clarify what happened.

Unfortunately we were not aware that you were travelling with two teenagers, due to the fact that your booking, and therefore the initially confirmed rate, was made for a standard double room for two people only.

Due to security reasons, our standard rooms do not allow accommodating 4 people. Furthermore our rates depend on the number of people traveling. Our Front Desk has therefore done their utmost to look for a solution and hence offered you the option of upgrading to a Junior Suite, which, due to its sofa bed, actually does allow us to sleep 4 people.

We are aware that you agreed to the incurring additional charges upon check-in, related to the upgrade to a suite and the additional people traveling with you and that the amount charged to you after your departure corresponds to these charges. Due to an internal system issue, we had to split these charges in two, but the sum remains correct. Please apologize if this created a misunderstanding.

Again, I am very sorry for this confusion, but hope to have been able to answer your doubts, because at no point we were aiming to mislead you.

Best,

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Was at this hotel for two nights for business. It is located in a fantastic location and the hotel staff were superb. I was upgraded to a large suite and the welcome espresso was a nice touch, especially after my red eye flight! I managed to get some sun in the spa area and the concierge recommended this fantastic tapas bar which was one of the highlights!

I would definitely return next time in am in BCN

• Stayed: June 2013
maripac, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear David,
I see that you share Le Méridien's passion for coffe culture and that you appreciated the Illy set up in your Suite.
And if it was of help to recover faster from your red eye flulght, even better.
I am also glad to read that you had time to enjoy our Explore Spa Studio's terrace to catch some sun durn your business trip.
I hope we will be welcoming you again in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

For location, its hard to beat: ten seconds out of the door and you are on the vibrant La Ramblas--where everything is happening! Check-in was quick and the reception staff were very pleasant. I actually later found one of the staff even better informed than the concierge when we were looking for directions to La Roca Village--an outlet mall some 40 minutes out of Barcelona by bus!

My wife and I stayed on the 2nd floor--a Starwood Preferred Guest Floor. Contrary to our expectation, our room was probably the quitest place on earth--considering it was only a few meters from the noisy Ramblas.

As for the room itself: this is where we rate the hotel 4 rather than the 5-Star it claims to be. The room is on the smaller side; with no place to place your luggage. Luckily we only had one suitcase which ended up on the floor--further limiting the minimal floor space available. The built-in trouser press and iron board is absolutely ridiculous; you pull it out of the closet and it is totally unusable for lack of space. We stayed for 6 nights and we found the house-keeping service very inconsistent: no drinking water one day; no tissues the next; no toiletries, etc. On the positive side:

Very quiet room. The bed is super comfortable with fluffy pillows and cuddly comforters. I loved the lighting: lights everywhere for grooming, reading, etc. The one I liked best is the dim blue LED lights came on as soon as you stepped off either side of the bed in the middle of the night. Your legs trigger the sensor hidden under the night stand (yes, I looked for it) to light your way to the bathroom. I thought that was very simple and clever, especially for such a small room! Room smelled fresh every time we walked in--I am asthmatic and hence very sensitive to smelly carpets and drapes. The bathroom is modern, and the rain shower is heavenly!

Breakfast very simple but adequate European and the staff very attentive. The restaurant-cum bar becomes alive at night.

Overall: a good place to stay with good value for your dollar.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed in a Jr. Suite with some girlfriends in April. This was our first time in Barcelona, and the hotel's location was absolutely perfect for us! I was a little hesitant at first to be staying right on Las Ramblas, since I tend to avoid "tourist traps," but I'm so glad we did! Located on the upper end of Las Ramblas, it was very close walking distance to La Boqueria, as well as many of the Gaudi sites and great restaurants and bars in Eixample. I could understand why many travelers who frequently visit Barcelona may prefer to stay in Eixample or other areas, but again, this was the perfect home base to explore the city.

The Jr. Suite was quite spacious and comfortably fit four adults. The room was very clean with modern decor, and the bathroom was quite spacious. The only minor complaint is that the shower door did not shut all the way, and so the floor would get quite wet. Housekeeping was fantastic, and the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the small cafe stand in the lobby, which serves illy coffee and pastries. I didn't visit the spa, but my friend did, and she said that she had an incredible massage. There is no pool, but there is a hot tub on an open deck, but it was not heated when we were there. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tinat168
maripac, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear tinat168,

I just read your review and I must say it is a fantastic way to start the week.
It makes me extremely proud to read so many positive comments about Le Méridien Barcelona.

Definitely our Junior Suites are ideal for families or groups of friends and the location of the hotel is ideal for first time visitors to Barcelona, but hopefully also for repeat guests. With this I mean that I hope we will be welcoming you again in the future.

Our Explore Spa Studio is small, but that is exactly what makes it so pleasant, apart from the quality of its treatments. It gives it a very exclusive feel.

I am sorry to read about the shower door, we wil get them revised to fix the problem.

Finally I am also very happy to see that you enjoyed our llly coffee at Le Méridien Hotels signature LM Hub.

Best regards,