LeMeridien Barcelona offers 4/5 Star amenities at a 3 star price. First stayed here in April 2012 and mean to write a review then. They are located right off Las Ramblas and are steps away from a metro station that can get you to all parts of the city.
Service: The staff are wonderful. They are very nice and are extremely helpful in recommending areas to eat and visit. They offer late check out and also arranged a taxi service for us to get to the airport.
Room: We had a double bed room and the room was average size and we were able to fit a blow up bed in the corner. The look was very modern and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was great and powerful, although it did require a huge step in/out. We were given an upgraded room and had a sort of balcony through a sideway opening window. I was surprised and pleased that the staff gave us this, especially since we got the room booked through Priceline. Definitely great value for the money.
Location: Located off of Las Ramblas, it is easy to go out and find many shops and restaurants with good value. The metro Placa de Cataluna is also very close and we were able to get to see many of the tourist spots with our 2 days in Barcelona.
Overall: I really enjoyed Barcelona. Great night life, wonderful food, and the culture is great. LeMeridien Barcelona was the icing on the cake that provided a comfortable place to stay with their modern rooms, great staff, and great location. I definitely recommend staying here if visiting Barcelona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia