The Le Meridien Hotel is right on the las Ramblas.....that's the good and the bad. At times it can be just over whelming place to be especially during soccer games as everyone heads to the ramblas. The hotel is somewhere between an upscale hotel that is and wants to be. I left there not know which way I felt. The staff was accomodating but honestly during the time I was there they were packed and so even though I am a starwood gold member, they said that there was nothing they could do to put me in a larger room. However, when I offered them more points, oh amazingly they had all kinds of options. For my standards therefore, the normal deluxe rooms are too small and the bathrooms as well. Barcelona is a crazy place and filled with all kinds of people so if you stay here you need to be very aware of your surroundings. As it is on the Ramblas you will have all kinds of people here trying to take your money and offer you things, late at night especially. However, it is a great location to sightsee and to walk from to see parts of the old town. It is two blocks to the famous market and that is a great place to get something to eat.
As it was my first trip to Barcelona I discovered a lot that I will use on my return. For my taste, I would probably stay in the Eixample area like the Omm Hotel which has a great bar on the roof with amazing views of the city. Its more of the high end area of Barcelona and away from the maddening crowds of Las Rambla yet only a five minute subway ride. One other piece of advice....avoid Spain in August! Brutually hot and Barcelona is very humid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly positioned for discovering the rich artistic heritage represented by Barcelona's museums, music and architecture, Le Meridien Barcelona is a five star hotel located on the city's most famous street, Las Ramblas. With examples of Gaudi's architecture, the Liceo opera house, MACBA and the Gothic Quarter, all main attractions within walking distance, guests can immerse themselves in local culture. Throughout the hotel art and architectural detailing catch the eye. In the central lobby is Le Meridien's HUB, a perfect place to rendezvous with friends and family. Furnished with contemporary designer pieces and decorated with specially curated art installations. The Hub is a great place to meet and offers a stimulating and fascinating environment. Each of the 231 rooms and suites combines comfortable living with art and design elements, including original works by contemporary local artists. Sublimely comfortable Le Meridien furnishings and multiple entertainment options ensure a relaxed stay. The Longitude 02º 10' Bar in the HUB is the place to enjoy a delicious Illy coffee, fresh cakes or a glass of wine or cava. Alternatively, CentOnze Restaurant offers great views of Las Ramblas along with the gastronomic creations of Chef Eugeni Cortes who reinterprets local cuisine using fresh ingredients sourced from the nearby Boqueria Market. Le Pop Cocktail Bar stimulates your senses with an exciting blend of cocktails, music and vintage savoir vivre with a modern twist. Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the Explore Spa Studio is a blissful oasis of relaxation offering treatments and therapies based on renowned French Cinq Mondes beauty products. Open to both guests and members of the public who, in consultation with a beauty therapist, can choose from a range of offerings designed to aid skin rejuvenation and promote personal wellbeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Meridien Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Le Meridien
- Meridien Barcelona
- Le Meridien Barcelona Catalonia