Le Meridien Barcelona
$347
  • Breakfast included
Ayre Hotel Rosellon(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$199
$213
$126
$98
  • Pool
Hotel Colonial Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$243
$232
$347
$323
2,621 results
All reviewslas ramblasstarwood pointsgreat locationspg memberla boqueriaside streetconcierge deskupgraded to a suitehotel restaurantrain showergothic quarterstreet noisecentral locationpicasso museumtapassagrada familiacruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are currently staying at Le Meridien. The location is obviously excellent. The woman who checked us in was friendly. We are SPG gold and did not receive any upgrade. The room is clean and comfortable. We are not facing Las Ramblas and there is no street noise. The gym is small and dated. The spa is also very small. I booked a treatment. If the therapists are in a session, there is no one to greet guests. I thought at first I was in the wrong place. The sauna and steam room are coed. My husband and I booked two rooms using our points, as we are traveling with friends. We are both SPG gold members, but were told by the less friendly receptionist checking our friends in that the second room could not receive the Gold amenity of free internet unless my husband or I split up and one of us stayed in the second room. We said fine. This is ridiculous considering it does not cost the hotel any additional money to offer Internet. Overall, I expected more from the Le Meridien brand. I travel extensively. Maybe I have been spoiled by excellent genuinely friendly service in other hotels. Le Meridienis adequate but I would not stay again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle L
GDS07, General Manager at Le Meridien Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for sharing the useful feedback with us.

I am aware that the personal contact with guests is one of the most important factors that influence the experience of our guests. Therefore, it is sad to hear that this could not be delivered to the level of expectations.

Your feedback is nothing but helpful for us, because it encourages us to improve next time. We will take good note of your comments regarding our Explore SPA Studio but unfortunatly due to the size limitations of our historical building there is very little we can do at the size level.

If you come back to Barcelona, it would be great if you would give us another chance to show what we can real deliver to ones experience while in Barcelona

Kindest regards from Barcelona,

Gonçalo Duarte Silva

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the perfect hotel for the first time sightseer in Barcelona. I cashed in Starwood points and used suite upgrades for a recent stay in Barcelona prior to a Med cruise (making cost no issue; hotel rates are comparable to upscale hotels in the area). It is a very nice hotel with an ideal location. Our prestige suite was wonderful. Large and roomy, especially for a European hotel, our suite had a living area window overlooking Las Ramblas. The Catalunya metro station, from where you can get to nearly any point of interest in Barcelona, is just a short walk. The market Mercat de Sant Josep/ La Boqueria is also just a short walk. An added benefit of which we took full advantage was a Carrefour practically next door. In addition to snacks, we picked up beverages including wine. There was a delicious Carrefour brand limonada (quite tangy with 17% lemon juice) that we kept stopping back to purchase. As for hotel services, there is a dining room where we had a very nice, but not inexpensive, buffet breakfast. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner at comparably reasonable prices for Las Ramblas. There is also a coffee shop attached to the hotel lobby for beverages and light continental breakfast items. The front desk staff is multi-lingual and very nice and housekeeping service was performed twice daily. If you want a beach hotel, go for the W. But if you want a base from which to sightsee Barcelona, there may not be a better choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meister22

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for expressing your opinion and giving us thereby useful feedback! We do love your commenst as they real highlight of the advantages of staying with us and how carefull are we on the commercial side.

Since your positive experience is our motivation, we always strive to meet and exceed our guests´ expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you at our hotel and if you ever feel like coming back to Barcelona, we would be honored to welcome you in our hotel once again.

Kindest regards from Barcelona,

Gonçalo Duarte Silva

Reviewed September 23, 2012

It has always been a plan for my family and I to visit beautiful Barcelona. We reside in Dubai, where there is no shortage of gorgeous and luxurious hotels. In early July 2012 Emirates Airlines started their direct flights from Dubai to Barcelona and that was the perfect excuse we needed to visit Spain. Easy and convenient. We were fortunate to be on the first direct weekly flight and it was an amazing journey, the atmosphere on the plane was festive and relaxed..

Naturally we had to stay somewhere and when asking our friends and colleagues where to go in Barcelona, they all recommended to stay as close to RAMBLA street as possible. Its the heart of Barcelona and center of all the action. So it was an easy online search through one of our favorite brand "le meridian" where we found the property. So we quickly made our booking and confirmed 2 rooms; one for my wife and I a deluxe room and the other a standard room for our 2 children.

The property was clean, classy and perfectly located in the heart of Rambla street... The check in was very smooth and easy. The staff were so courteous and even had conversation with our kids to make them feel special. As we had a rental car, the concierge took our car to the underground parking which was secure and quite handy since there is like NO parking in that area, so having your own space come in very handy, so don't worry if you are driving...

The rooms were fantastic, very modern with all amenities that you can need. The beds are supper comfortable, soft and spacious. The nice thing is their Eco-conscience service to save on washing of the linens & towels, which I always care about. Our kids twin room was equally comfortable (albeit slightly smaller as it was a standard). we also ordered room service and the staff were quite friendly. unfortunately our order came quite late and the staff immediately informed us that the meal will be "complementary" due to lateness. We had not even commented on the lateness and it was a pro-active action by the F&B department to make sure we were comfortable and satisfied... needless to say the food was delicious.

The atmosphere in the hotel is like a modern art lounge "Jazy" and my goodness the atmosphere on RAMBLA Street can not be easily put into words... let me simply say "ITS SUPER LIVELY" and being right on in the middle of it made our stay at Le Meridian and visit just super enjoyable.. Each day we only had to simply walk out of the main entrance and 'Voila' onto the lively and social atmosphere of Rambla. people walking, talking, and looking great, We found various cafes to have our breakfast and lunches.. we opted to skip most dinners... one of our favorite spots was right across the street. I recommend you explore the area and especially side street to find cozy little bistro restaurants to eat in.

The area surrounding Rambla and Le Meridian is alive with restaurants, museums, amazing stylish shops, art galleries, history, cafes, and bars... you will not get bored for a single minute and everything within a short 1-4KM walking distances form the Hotel... We visited the Picasso Museum which I highly recommend... and enjoyed pizza at a small dinner. to be honest after a few days of Tapas, as delicious as it is... we started to get tired of it...

If you get a chance go visit the Barcelona football club and stadium... WOW.. that all i can say about it..

Overall the entire experience of Le Meridian and Rambla street made Barcelona one of the most memorable stays we have enjoyed. I have to give it a 9 out of 10.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe rooms, slightly larger and the bathroom glass enclosure is sexy, facing the street is best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Darman1000
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We wanted to stay in the city center, and wanted a name we could trust, and chose Le Meridien, and couldn't have been happier! Although it is right in the center of all the action and craziness of Las Ramblas, Le Meridien offers a true oasis of calm and relaxation. The room was on the small side, which is expected in Europe, but was tastefully appointed, and had the one of the best showers around. The hotel was a few dollars more than most of the others in the area, but well worth it in our opinion. The location truly can't be beat!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Le Meridien has a great location just off La Ramblas in Barcelona making it a good choice if you want to be within easy walking distance of the old town, cathedral, and many good restaurants. The standard is very good. I was upgraded to a suite with a large balcony suitable for sunbathing or sitting out at a long table. The balcony actually had its own outdoor shower (although no special view). The room was huge with little left wanting, and plenty of space to entertain. I believe it was suite 617. At check-in I was informed that I was lucky to get this room. No kidding. Unfortunately, I checked in late and out early so I cannot comment on the restaurants. The staff were helpful and friendly. Internet was fine, and the connection also allows you to send print jobs from your room (should you need to do a little work). Overall, it is a very high standard. El Palace is more luxurious, but I like Le Meridien's location (and suite 617).

Room Tip: Suite 617 has a balcony with a large table and chairs, sun lounger, and outdoor shower. (Although no great view.) The room is very spacious and well appointed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business