We have just spent 4 nights at Condes de Barcelona and were pleased with our choice . We had a modern room on the top ( 7th ) floor with a lovely private terrace and views of interesting buildings .
The staff were , without exception , very pleasant and efficient . The reception staff could not do enough for us and the fact that they spoke English was a great help . Thank you Manuel and the rest of the team , especially Juan who tried so hard to get us tickets for the Cathedral on line . Our room was always very clean and serviced efficiently .
Many of the Gaudi buildings are very close to the hotel and there are many restaurants close by .
A highlight for us was a visit to the inside of Gaudi's masterpiece ; the Cathedral which is still a work-in-progress 90 years after his death . It is an amazing building with 10 towers still to be built ! Be in line by 8.30 am to avoid really long queues later in the day . Watch the film that they show and visit the exhibitions one floor down to learn so much about the construction etc .
We had not been to Barcelona for many years so we bought a 2- day ticket on the Hop-on-Hop-off bus and found it to be a great way to get around to all the main sights including the waterfront and the hill with the Olympic stadium etc .
The breakfast , which was included with our room , was fairly ordinary but adequate .
We would recommend this hotel for its wonderful staff and excellent position .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL CONDES DE BARCELONA 4* is ideally located in a magnificent corner on Paseo de Gracia, in the heart of modernist Barcelona, opposite to the famous building "La Pedrera" of Gaudi, a few minutes from Plaza Catalunya and the historic city center. The hotel is housed in a former esplendid 19th century building, enlarged and renovated to create a modern Hotel with where art and uniqueness of the past cohexist with the most modern facilities. The accommodation has a range of 126 rooms of very contemporary style, bright and spacious to provide maximum comfort. Emblematic and socially dynamic, the hotel is a prestigious gastronomic reference, where our guest would enjoy the cuisine of the Basque chef Martin Berasategui at LOIDI RESTAURANT, modern and informal bistro. The hotel offers a wide range of function rooms for all kind of meeting and Events, outdoor pool and ALAIRE TERRACE BAR , one of the trendiest places in the city with spectacular views for casual outdoor dining or take a luxurious evening drink with good background music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Condes De Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Condes De Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Condes De Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Condes De Hotel
- Hotel Condes De Barcelona
- Condes De Barcelona Catalonia