“Humble B&B in a Fantastic Location”
Review of El Balcon del Born

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
El Balcon del Born
Ranked #44 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Humble B&B in a Fantastic Location”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We fell in love with Born. And this B&B is in the heart of it. Location-wise it's just perfect.
Breakfast was nice, fresh croissants and breads available. Beer and drinks available in the fridge. convenient system of leaving additional charges upon check out. Roberto was very helpful, he gave us a printed list of things to see, do and eat upon arrival. Room and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. No queue to use the bathroom. Pablo was a wonderful host. Great staff.

The tiny lift was a unique feature which we've never seen (and heard) before.

Because of the lively location, be prepared to hear some noises and echoes. Our room was non-air conditioned so also be prepared to experience heat in the summer.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the back, further away from the road for less noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TeenieBear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed for 4 nights at El Balcon del Born and loved it. Pablo was extremely hospitable and made us feel at home away from home. He had great recommendations for places to go and was eager to hear our reactions to all that we visited and experienced. The location was perfect, within walking distance to great restaurants, sights and public transportation. Breakfast was simple, but more than enough to get us going in the morning. The rooms and shared bathrooms were very clean, and the kitchen had a reasonably priced "honesty bar". We would certainly stay there again on future trips to Barcelona.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

During a recent visit to Barcelona (late September 2013) my wife and I along with two other couples had the opportunity to stay at the El Balcon del Born (B&B) for 3 nights. We all agreed that this was an excellent establishment and a great experience. The rooms are very comfortable. We echo all of the great comments posted by others. Pablo and Roberto are very responsive to their guests needs. If you are looking for a place that gives you a taste of Barcelona life, which is close to the city centre, water and HOHO - this is your place. One item, get good directions from the airport to the B&B for the taxi drivers (who do not speak English), as the B&B is not located on a drive-able road, but located just around the corner from where the driver will drop you off.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank the_colonel_RCAF
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great location and staff. Pablo even fetched me when I got lost looking for the hotel my first day. Especially enjoyed Roberto and Janet. Never needed to wait for a washroom. My room was small but clean. Will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Loquitaquita
Singapore
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stay there for 3 nights and I must say this is a great B&B. Has the perfect location (which is close to the beach, metro, and the old city). Roberto and Pablo are really attentive and cares for the guests. Immediately upon our arrival, Roberto gave us a map marked out with all the advice and interesting places. The room #6 is spacious, has a lovely tiny balcony where my wife and I had our private breakfast overlooking the streets. The house is kept very clean and tidy. We felt safe and comfortable all the time (just like staying our own home). I will definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chandlerlim
Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a great time. We spent 4nights at this little Gem and from the Welcome from Roberto ((who left us with a detailed map of place to check out as well as some personal favourites) to our morning breakfasts ( which were amazing) with Anna and her brother Thomas and Pablo we felt at home from the first day. The location was amazing ... a short walk to the beach, food and shopping outside the door. So many memories and definitely the place to be. Thank you Anna for making it one of the best stops of our 3 week holiday!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed October 4, 2013

In the last few days I stayed a total of seven days in El Balcon del Born and I can recommend this establishment without hesitation. When I arrived Roberto came to the door to assist with the luggage. (Luckily an elevator has been installed inside the stairwell.) From his first "Hello" to his "Goodby, have a safe trip home." he and Pablo were excellent hosts. A detailed tour of the facilities was given, being sure I understood the operation of the door locks, etc. This was followed by providing a map with detailed comments regarding the various sites, suggestions of the non-tourist restaurants, how to use the Metro system, etc. This attention was not just for the "welcome" orientation, but was given for the entire stay. I had been given the name of a restaurant in which to dine. Roberto located it on the map and told me of his visit there on an earlier date. Each morning the breakfast table was set with crystal juice glasses, chargers, and a cloth table cloth. There was nothing overlooked for the comfort of the guests. I met couples from Holland, Canada, Argentina and England...All were pleased with the hospitality offered by the hosts. I was away for three nights and they kept my larger suitcase for me and had it in my room when I returned.

I stayed in the smaller room (shown with the two blue pillows in the photos), and it was sufficient for my needs.

I will definitely return again to this establishment when I am in Barcelona again.

Room Tip: I had the 'small room' and it was fine for a solo traveler. Interior, with no street noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo