Alexandra Barcelona A DoubleTree By Hilton
Ranked #148 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Barcelona
“nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

perfect location, very nice designing, service orinted...
the room are nice, the cupboard is very small..
the facility are ok, and the bar is cosey and tasteful...
the check in and check out was ok...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona A DoubleTree By Hilton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comments... I think it´s a good way to present our hotel to prospective clients...location, design, service and our gastronomy..

I hope to see you soon in this fantastic city

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Larisa, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was a very good hotel.Great location,close to the main interesting points and close to metro station.The room was very clean and very beautiful.Reception was very helpful.thank you for the great time.

2 Thank Tzele
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona A DoubleTree By Hilton, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear guest,

firts of all thank you very much for your comments.. and thank you for your stay..

I hope to see you soon in the next future and enjoy again our Hotel in the city center with our service and helpful staff.

Best regards to Greece!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was travelling alone, but visiting friends and going to a few nights out in the centre of Barcelona. I wanted somewhere but where I would feel very comfortable and relaxed. Alexandra delivered this. I found the room very chilled, great bed and sheets, the staff friendly, and although I didn't use very many services (just room service once) everything I used was fantastic.

But best of all the location is just so perfect. Only a few blocks from most of the main sties, in a great part of town.

Go!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JGr_n1
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona A DoubleTree By Hilton, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your stay.. :)

only read the headline of your comments make us very happy... I´ll share it with all the staff..

I hope to see you soon in your next visit to Barcelona..

Best regards to London..!!
Oxford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrived at the hotel on a Friday night and was welcomed by very friendly reception staff. First impressions of the hotel were great. Lovely entrance, bar and lighting. Fit the bill perfectly.

The room was on level 5, the top floor and was immaculate. Didn't hear any noise so was thankful as some reviews gave us concerns.

Housekeeping kept our room spotless with fresh towels daily (even though we hung them up to reuse)

Had a nosey at the gym but didn't use.

Sadly the hotel don't seem to like the use of email. My boyfriend emailed several times prior to arrival to request a room upgrade for my 30th birthday but no one bothered to get back in touch. In addition, my sister tried to contact the hotel on my birthday while we were there to order cava and a present but again no one bothered to email her back.

What was most disappointing for a 4* hotel is that they totally ballsed up our restaurent reservation, on my 30th birthday, on a Saturday night. They left us standing in the restaurent for 15 minutes until I went to reception downstairs to see what was going on. A further 5 minutes later we were informed that they had no staff to wait on tables and we would have to eat in the bar. Obviously not a very happy customer. What 4* hotel closes its restaurent on a Saturday night? And doesn't bother to tell its guests?! Frustratingly we had to refuse as a) I didn't want to eat in the bar and b) we had booked to go to la pedrera sercreta at 2115 so had no time now to eat. We ended up having a cheeseburger at McDonald's (lovely birthday treat) to save from feeling hungry and then happened to find a lovely restaurent after the booking at 2245/2300.

I never ate at the hotel and tbh I wouldn't bother if they can be so relaxed about the way guests are treated. Luckily the maylex round the corner saved the day.

Nice hotel but unlikely to return.

Room Tip: Top floor, or book the majestic down the road..........
5 Thank FlicOxford
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona A DoubleTree By Hilton, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear guest,

firts of all I´m sorry.....

I really appreciate the time you spent writing your comment. These details help us improve our quality and service objectives to go beyond our clients expectations to make their stay a positive and special experience.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused, somehow we are astonished as those levels of service that you mention are unusual in our establishment. We have a really nice restaurant with a really nice persons in charge..
In any case, your sensations motivate us to review and improve those aspects that might be required. we work with people and sometimes human beings are unpredictable .. but promise I´ll do my best...

With reference to your email I have not found any email with requests for your stay. Maybe we've come as SPAM. I would like to remind our addresses: recepcion@hotel-alexandra.com or informacion@hotel-alexandra.com. 24/7.

I hope to see you again in our hotel and let me show you know how to do things right and that our clients are happy and satisfied.

I´m so sorry..

best regards to Oxford...
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Modern designed hotel which me and my kids loved. Rooms were a good size. Free wi-fi in the rooms. Access to a laptop in the lobby. We had rooms beside each other (No adjoining door) and one had a small balcony. I think rooms with balcony alternate. Front desk reception was excellent and very helpful. Always a friendly smile and greeting when you pass thru the doors. Location was very good. Half a block to Passeig de Gracia. That means shopping and 2 Gaudi houses right there. My son would add McDonalds. Lot's of cafes/tapas bars around. A little less than 5 minutes to nearest Metro. If you're up to it Plaza Catalunya is just 15 minutes away on foot. There was a gym but wasn't able to check it out. Breakfast was good. Aside from the usual suspects of bread/pastries/bacon/eggs they also had Spanish chorizo. The staff offer you coffee from pots but there is also a self-service Nespresso machine. My family stayed in this hotel the shortest, 5 days, compared to 8 day stays in Paris and Rome but my kids wouldn't have minded staying here longer. Will return to this hotel in Barcelona.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments... :)

Our location is very nice.. and we have a Mcdonald´s very close, yes! I didn´t realiza before

The breakfast is one of the most important meals and we know it.. every day we improve our offer with differents types of food...

I hope to see you again in the next future and enjoy Barcelona again.. It´s a great city...

Best regards!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

we would like to share that it was an
Excellent hotel
Great location very close to the main interesting points at the city. , the hotel is very clean, they got a pleasant and professional stuff especially Pavel which answer all our questions and help us with his tips. Breakfast was very good in a quite dining room.
Thank you for the great time.

1 Thank Yoav K
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona A DoubleTree By Hilton, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comments and your stay...

I´ll share with Pavel your words... he is a really nice bellboy...

I hope to see you again in the next future.. our location is just the best in town..

best regards..
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great location for tourism trip. Nice modern hotel and rooms. Breakfast included for us and was comprehensive buffet. Staff were very helpful and although a small hiccup in authorising my credit card for extras, we were offered a complimentary drink form the bar.

Room Tip: Street view could be noisey but we had a rear facing room which was very quiet and although not a vi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GFClyne
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comments......

for me is really nice to know everything was all right.. we are in the middle of the city and we are helpfull :) but sorry for the small hiccup...

I hope to see you again in the next future

best regards..