“Great location, good room, nice breakfast”

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #150 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I can only agree with all other people who have stayed on this hotel. The location is perfect just 20 m from to the 'quiet' end of the Rambla but still close and in walking distance to great places like Sagrada Familia and Casa Vicens and the big train station Passeig de Gràcia at which the train goes strait to the airport. The breakfast was nice and fresh and there where several good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street seems larger than the ones facing the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacob L
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Jacob,

thank you very much for your comments and your stay...

It´s really nice to read your words and I´ll share your comments with my team...

The location is perfect and we have a new breakfast with all that you need to start a great day..

I hope to see you soon and best regards to Copenhagen..!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,974)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had stayied in the hotel before. I knew it was great for business trips, but it is even better for couples:
Location is excellent, close to all hot spots in town and restaurants.
Service is very good too, but what really made the difference was the suite #216 in the renewed part of the hotel. The bed, the lounge and, mostly, the bathtub. I had a foam bath like in a 5* hotel ... Simply brilliant!

Room Tip: No doubt: suite #216
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alber C
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear guest..

First of all we really appreciate the time you spent writing your comment..

and it´s true.. all our junior suites and suites are like a five stars hotel... :) I´m very proud of it..

we are a hotel for business and leisure.. we are ready to every customer.. and our location is the best for all of them.. :)

I hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the next future

best regards

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed for 5 days. The hotel location is awesome - Casa Battlo and other Gaudi`s monuments are just around the corner. I enjoyed to be in the city center, but on a quiet side street, so sleeping was pleasant without any noices. You can easily walk everywhere, Sagrada Familia in one direction, La Rambla and Barceloneta beach the other direction. Rooms and bathorooms very clean and decent standard. Breakfast very delicious and satisfying. I definitely recommend.

Room Tip: i have stayed at the end of the corridor, where the cleaning ladies started to do their job everymor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jana F
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

first of all thank you very much for your comments..I´m happy you had a good time..

It´s true, our location is the best in Barcelona :)

I hope to see you soon and best regards to Bratislava :)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed for a week in February.

Typical European 4 star modernish hotel. Excellent location near Passeig de Gracia, Gaudi buildings, and metro. Very polite and attentive staff. Mostly reasonable English speaking staff. Rooms reasonably large and comfortable by European standards. Some quirky room features eg the bidet blocks the bathroom door!

Breakfast is an average spread.

Bartender an artiste with cocktails, but slow service.

Be sure to ask for a room on the inner courtyard side if you want a quiet room, as the street side is a bit noisy.

Would stay again, as a value 4 star hotel, but many other equally fine choices in this prime and fun location of the city.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cirenrets
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments...

But I´m so sorry for your feelings in our hotel... There´s nothing wrong, it´s true, but we work for your maximun satisfaction.....

In your next visite we hope exceed your expectations...

Best regards..

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at Alexandra just before xmas,very good location,very pleasant 10 mins walk to the city centre.No shortage of nice restaurants in close proximity,hotel very modern and clean.No hesitation in staying again on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvonne M
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Yvonne,

thank you very much for your comments and your stay...

Our location is really nice... it´s true.. everything is near and easy.. :)

I hope to see you soon in our Hotel...

Best Regards to Banbridge..!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Alexandra Hotel for a brief weekend visit at the end of September, 2012. The staff were exceptionally pleasant, friendly and helpful.

When we woke up on the Saturday morning the rain was torrential - even worse than what we are well used to in a rainy Irish season! We asked the Reception Staff if there was a shopping centre nearby and they responded by going out into the street and calling us a taxi. We were whisked off to a great shopping centre within easy reach of the hotel; it was the only escape from a day of very heavy rain in the lovely Barcelona.

The room was very comfortable, quiet and warm; it had all the usual comforts one would expect in a hotel of this standard.

The location of the hotel is excellent with Las Ramblas on the doorstep. It was very easy - on the beautiful sunny Sunday! - to travel on foot to some of the lovely sites in Barcelona. Despite an extremely wet day we were certainly able to make the most of our weekend trip to Barcelona largely due to the proximity of the hotel to Las Ramblas. Another trip to Barcelona will be required to take in all the sights and Alexandra Hotel will be top of the list when accommodation is being sought.

The courtesy and helpfulness of the staff is to be highly commended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank ellenann42
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear guest,

first of all thank you very much for your kindly comments...

I am very happy to read your comments and I will share with my team.

I think that the most important in a hotel are the people who serve us, to help us, we smile and I'm glad you found the staff friendly and helpful.

I hope to see you soon in a sunny weekend!

Regards to Cork..!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and baby stayed here and had a great time. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. Its very close to many of the main attractions. The breakfast was a little on the pricey side but that's not a problem as there are numerous cafes nearby. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gingerscotsman

Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment and your stay...

I have not much more to say about our location..is one of our strengths.. and I feel happy if you found our staff helpfull and friendly...

I hope to see you soon and personally greet

Best regars to Bonnyrigg!