“Great hotel with excellent location !!!”

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #146 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had an excellent stay at hotel Alexandra. The location is brilliant, minutes to Plaza de Catalunya and Las Ramblas. The room was spacious and well-equipped. The staff was always helpful and more importantly you could feel they were happy to help, which is not the case everywhere!! Buffet breakfast had an exhaustive choice of products which is always a bonus. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveller to Barcelona, business or leisure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Leumas Y
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Sam,

I feel very happy when I read your comments.. Perhaps this is the happiness that my employees felt when we are chosen by our guests to stay in Barcelona .. We feel lucky to have them in our home ..

Thanks for your comment and for recommending the hotel.

I hope to see you soon

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,961)

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed there for 6 nites, the location is very good , which locates only 15mins walk from Plaza Catalunya. This district is safe and quite, but surrounds by adequate shopping points and restaurants.

The staff were very helpful and nice !!

However, I think the room should add one more lamp, coz it was too dark in my room which I lived.

1  Thank SST mohchichi T

Dear guest

thank you very much for your stay and your words...

our hotel is in the middle of the city.. where everything is near.. a perfect location...

but for me is more important the staff... :)

I´ll try to fix the light in your room.. sometimes design and light can´t be friends...

best regards to Hong Kong!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Returned from Barcelona yesterday after a lovely 3 day break with my son. We stayed at this hotel as I had been to Barcelona before and knew the local area. I was really impressed at how clean the hotel was. The staff were friendly and really helpful. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was immaculate. Our room was on the roadside of the hotel but we didnt hear any noise from traffic at all which I was surprised at as the road was pretty busy. Air conditioning worked really well in the room and kept it cool so when you came in from the hot day you could relax and have a little siesta in the chilled room.
Only had breakfast the one morning but there was a good selection and the food was okay. As I mentioned before the staff were really helpful and always available if you needed anything.
Location really good. We were close to the local metro station which was handy as we used it to travel to Camp Nou for the tour of the stadium and to watch a match the evening before we left. It took us about 15 minutes at most to get to La Rambla where most of the shops and restaurants were based.
All in all a lovely trip and I can definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again without hesitation.
Thank you staff at Hotel Alexandra for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah N

Dear Sarah..

what can I say about your comments? just four words: Thank you very much.

the happiness of our customers is the reason for all our efforts on service, cleanliness, room design, spaces, restaurant.. and is very rewarding for a director read your comments...

I share your words with all the staff... :)

best regards

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The location of the hotel was great...we walked everwhere in Barcelona and didn't feel the need to take public transport at all. The reception staff were friendly and cheerful, and the lobby was moden and welcoming. The room was large and comfortable, and quiet at night. The bathroom was also large with a good, powerful shower. Everywhere was thoroughly clean. The only negative point about the hotel was the fact that our "double" bed was actually 2 single beds pushed together, with separate, single-sized bedding....it would have been much more comfortable and pleasant had it been a double bed, or even just with one set of larger bedding. Overall, a fantastic stay, though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ATravelMonkey73

dear guest

firts of all thank you for your stay and your comments...

it´s true that our location is the best in town... and we try everyday to overcome the expectations of our guest in service.. :)

the next time you need another kind of bed, please, ask at recepción.. we would like every thing be perfect in your stay...

best regards..

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my second stay at the hotel and still pleased with everything it had to offer. For the price you pay, it's suprisingly stylish, comfortable and well staffed. The internet was tolerable, but it was slow on certain occassions. Fortunately, the hotel was situated in an excellent location, close to all the shopping and particuarly for my partner and I, ideally situated in the gay scene/area. For all the gym buffs, there's also an amazing gym across the street. I would come back for sure.

1  Thank Simon L

Dear Simon,

thank you very much for your stay and comments...

our location is really good for shopping, restaurants, gym and cultural offers.. Gaudi, modernism...

Our wifi is free and sometimes slow.. sorry.. depends the customers..! I try to fix.. promise...

I hope to see you soon...

best regards to San Francisco..! :)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Everything connected to this hotel is more than a four star...the room is unbelievable, the location is great, the staff is helpful, and the cleanliness is top notch!
We are already trying to plan for our next visit to Barcelona, and more importantly Hotel Alexandra :)

2  Thank Joanna475

Dear guest

Thank you for your comment in this sucessful website...

It´s very nice to read your words.. for all the team that support the hotel is really nice and gives us strength to continue our work.. always thinking about our guest.. :)

I hope to see you soon..

best regards..

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel website suggests luxury boutique experience but what I experienced is a small room with run down furniture.
I was given a tiny room with view on a wall.
The reservation said kingside preferred whereas the bed was barely a double.
Beware this was a renovated room apparently there are also non renovated rooms...
On the positives the location is great and the staff was friendly, but I would not stay there again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Juan Manuel T, Director General at Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear guest

First of all I want to thank you for your visit and your time to write in this successful travel site.
I´m very sorry that your room was not up to your expectations, all hotel rooms are renovated. But as in all world hotels we have exterior and interior rooms .. and maybe not have asked at check in for your priorities.
In any case I would like the next time I come to serve you in person and together choose the room that you like, without any problems. :)
Moreover also I appreciate your comments to our staff friendly and our location.
I hope to see you soon with us

best regards