Lowest prices for your stay
$223
Borsanifan
New York City, New York
Great location/Value
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 28, 2019
The location of the hotel was incredible, with easy access (2 min walk) to/from the Aerobus that takes you to/from the airport (BCN). No need for a taxi. If you do need a taxi during your stay, there is a taxi stand right outside the hotel. We walked everywhere, though, whether it was sightseeing, shopping, or dining. The hotel was renovated with laminated, hardwood flooring rather than carpeting. While it looks great, we heard other guests walking around during the night.
Date of stay: May 2019Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2.5 miles from Catalonia Plaza Catalunya
Beachfront
View more hotels in Barcelona
2,026 results
All reviews great location excellent hotel hotel restaurant reception staff stayed here for nights city break gothic quarter catalunya metro aerobus taxis minibar spain
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel and wish we could stay longer. Excellent location, reasonable price, friendly, knowledgeable& helpful staff, good size rooms, great amenities, fantastic breakfast. It’s central location makes shopping or sightseeing effortless, not to mention amazing dining options all within easy walking distance. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen P
PlazaCataluna, Gerente at Catalonia Plaza Catalunya, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear Karen P,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in our hotel and for the top rating. I´m glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed your time in our hotel.

If you come back in the future it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 27, 2019

I would highly recommend this hotel. Great staff and very helpful. Room was very good and clean. I had a problem with my phone and couldn't use it. A member of staff was showing me on the map where I wanted to go. Thank you!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Nomad612207

Dear Nomad612207,

Reviewed May 5, 2019

I stayed here for 2 nights recently and absolutely loved it. It was charming and even the main doors were beautiful! Blended into the classic Barcelona style architecture. Location is outstanding, literally steps away from the Placa Catalunya and Las Ramblas. Also a very easy walk from the Aerobus by cutting across the placa. I didn't take the Aerobus when I arrived as I wasn't familiar but I took it when I departed. Very easy.

Room was ok and you can open the door to for some fresh air on the little balcony. The wallpaper showed some signs of wear and tear but it's very negligible.

Breakfast was substantial and enjoyable, and very nice compared to other hotels in Europe, and even had gluten free option. Lovely juices.

Service was good and receptionist spoke good English.

They also delivered a complimentary bottle of 1 litre bottle and 2 Lindt chocolates as welcome gift. Nice touch.

Toiletries were provided but not replenished for the second day though. But I am sure if you need anything, they can help.

Easy walk to restaurants as well, whether it's tapas bars, fast good or local delights.

Close to shopping as it's the same block as Zara but I didn't get the chance to shop as it was a Sunday (shops closed) and the Monday was a public holiady.

Will definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here when I am in Barcelona.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Elaine K
PlazaCataluna, Gerente at Catalonia Plaza Catalunya, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Dear EitanG174,

We take note about your comment about the toiletries and maintenance in the room. It helps us to improve our services every day.

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

Came with my son for 2 nights to watch Barcelona football game. The hotel is in the best spot in Barcelona as it is 20 meters from plaza Catalunya and the Ramblas and one minute walk from the metro. The staff are very nice, helpful and knowledgeable . Breakfast is really great with wide verity of fruit vegetables, meat , hot and cold drinks , cheese Omelets, pastries and more.
Dining room staff were making every effort to make breakfast a perfect one.
Rooms are nice and equipped (I had a bit of noise from the elevator) and there is a swimming pool, Jim and spa and even a bar. So perfect location , all you could expect from this hotel (and more) made my stay very enjoyable. Before check out I asked to stay another hour to wait for my transportation and received a positive answer on the spot. I will 100% sure I will return to this hotel and I highly recommend it.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank EitanG174

Dear EitanG174,

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. In the centre or Barcelona. The rooms are perfect. We stayed in a superior suite with Spa entrance. We didn't have the breakfast. We got here late at night and reception guy was lovely. We enjoyed the spa in the morning small but enough to relax and disconnect from the city.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple