Barcelona is a fun, hip, vibrant, history filled city - and this is a great hotel to wake up in each day to set off for your adventure. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed and the bathrooms have everything you need. The building itself has many nice features and as much as I enjoyed exploring the city, I also felt very happy to come back to this home away from home.
It's location is just about perfect! Just a block from the tip of the Rambla - so close to everything - Metro, Barrio Gotico, El Born, the beach...nothing was more than a 15 or 20 minute walk away. There are little cafes and restaurants right around the corner - plenty to choose from! Wi-fi was included in the cost of the room and worked perfectly the whole time I was there.
In short, I would stay here again without hesitating. The only thing I would want is...a terrace. So next time, I'll make sure to get one of those rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Catalonia Plaza Cataluña (previously Catalonia Duques de Bergara) is situated 50 metres from Barcelona’s Plaça Catalunya and is a 2-minute walk from Las Ramblas. It has an outdoor pool and free Wi-FiPlaza Cataluña Hotel is a 5-minute walk from Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter and a 20-minute walk from Barcelona Port. Gaudi’s Casa Batló and La Pedrera can be reached in around 15 minutes by foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Plaza Cataluna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Plaza Cataluna Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Duques De Bergara
- Catalonia Duques De Bergara
- Duques De Bergara
- Catalonia Plaza Cataluna Barcelona