My wife and I stayed for 3 nights during Decembr 2012, just before Christmas. In general we highly recommend and we're very happy we picked this hotel.
* Location is great, just a few steps from La Rambla, so we could just stop by anytime to rest or take a coat. Also a few steps from Metro, buses, shopping, etc.
* Room was very nice and cozy. A good size double bed, clean and comfy bathroom, free WiFi, free safe.
* Staff were very nice and helpfull, speaking good english.
* Breakfast was rich and satisfying, included eggs, pasties, fruits, sweets and more. Beyond our expectation.
* We have known a better mattress.
* Rear side view. An extra payment (~18 euro) is charged for having a front side room (the ones with the lovely balcony).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Catalonia Plaza Cataluña (previously Catalonia Duques de Bergara) is situated 50 metres from Barcelona’s Plaça Catalunya and is a 2-minute walk from Las Ramblas. It has an outdoor pool and free Wi-FiPlaza Cataluña Hotel is a 5-minute walk from Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter and a 20-minute walk from Barcelona Port. Gaudi’s Casa Batló and La Pedrera can be reached in around 15 minutes by foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Plaza Cataluna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Plaza Cataluna Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Duques De Bergara
- Catalonia Duques De Bergara
- Duques De Bergara
- Catalonia Plaza Cataluna Barcelona