“A good hotel choice”

Ranked #319 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
“A good hotel choice”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for a week-long visit to Barcelona and were very satisfied. The room (511) was a good size, with a seating area and a desk. Marble bath with LOTS of water pressure. Room was quiet, in good condition and housekeeping kept it clean. See my room photos. Our package included the buffet breakfast, which was good enough (coffee, from the expresso machine, was very good); didn't eat there otherwise. There are some excellent restaurants in the neighborhood (found using Trip Advisor - see my PS below). Staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. As others have mentioned, it's a longish walk to the downtown but the entrance to the subway stop is literally just steps away (see my photo) the trains are clean and run minutes apart. Both the blue and green lines stop at that station. One gripe: The hotel does have wi-fi in the rooms but you're required to get a new username and password every day. Each is 8 random characters and the passsword is letters and numbers, and case-sensitive. A pointless pain.
PS: I highly recommend downloading the Trip Advisor Barcelona City Guide. A great way to find the best restaurants in your vicinity, wherever you are at the time - no internet connection needed (it works using your phone's GPS).

Room Tip: We had Room 511, toward the back of the hotel. Quieter than being on the street, I would think (tho...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stay there for 2 nights and I was given a room in the first floor, interior view to an air conduct...

At 05.00 am I wake up suddenly when I heard an incredibly loud noise and vibration in the room walls, like when you have old water pipes not working properly, but with vibrating floor also... I happened for about 2 or 3 minuts. I said nothing.. I thought it was somebody next room taking a bath or something... I coulnt get to sleep anymore.

One after one hour, around 06.00 am another shake like the first one: buuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! I called reception, and they told me: "yes, sorry, we knew there are some noises on that room as you are on the top of the kitchen."... I wonder why did they game me this room then as I know there were other rooms available??? To annoy me? Well, you did it!

I asked to change room the next night and the receptionist told me "OK" to leave things packed and they will change it to a new room when I arrive later. When I arrived later that day, I asked to reception "where is my new room?" - answer was: "you dont have new room, is still the same"...

Oh no! I will not sleep there and you colleague told me there would be no problem to change..."so sorry, my colleague didnt told us nothing"... after a couple minutes, they gave me a new room - also interior (horrible) but in the 3rd floor (for me it was ok, no problem, altough I dont understand their intention to give me always interior view).

Night was OK, no strange noises... thank god

But then, another adventure with payment. I made the booking and paid for it with my own credit card through my company (my company is a big online travel agency) and I had a written confirmation that booking was already paid, but they told me "sorry, this is always direct payment" WHAT??? this cannot be serious... I had to leave urgently so I had no time to argue, I paid for my room TWICE and now I will ask for refund...

So, altough hotel is not bad and location is good, if you stay here avoid first floor, interior views and ask anything to reception as service is not good!

Hope you had better luck than I did!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very nice hotel,very helpful staff,a little bit far from the city center.The restaurant not such good:expensive and not too tasty.At the beginning the Internet didn't work,but the receptionist was very kind and helped us solving the problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ANTWERP
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very good hotel on a good location, nearby metro/train station.
Floor was not so clean, and very poor WIFI (which I needed badly for my business)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

england
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had 3 nights at the abba sants hotel post cruise sep/12 We found the hotel to be just as we wanted not far to the centre and magic fountain etc about 10-15 min walk or you have the tourist buses hop on off which pass through sants or metro or train station on the door step and it is not as noisy as the main centre what more can you ask for?I would not bother with the restaurant above the converted bullring shopping centre very expensive and a complete insult to spanish cuisine well thats how we found it maybe you will have better luck. there are restaurants and bars near the abba sants which are good one is named (ASADOR DE LUGO)it is near the train station.our room at the abba sants was very large and on one of the highest floors it was at the back and had a balcony we did not suffer any bad noise. we found are room at the hotel very clean and the breakfast good and also included caver if you would like it. also nespresso coffee.This was part of my 50th holiday celebrations and the hotel were aware of this and made our stay very enjoyable even to placing a bottle of something sparkling in our room as a surprise.Thank you to all staff at the abba sants and we will see you again soon.

Room Tip: higher the better. back of hotel. balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magpie066
Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Abba Sants for 3 nights, and had a great time. It was literally steps from the metro entrance, and a short walk from the Regional train line which we took directly from the airport. We were able to check in upon our arrival at 11am, no problem. The concierge gave us directions as needed, though we had done a good amount of research on our own. The room was clean, the A/C worked, and we had a balcony which was just perfect in the summer evenings.

Breakfast at the hotel was great, staff was friendly and there was always someone at the front desk to assist if we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I spent 3 nights in September 2012 at the Abba Sants located within easy walking distance of the Sants train station. This is an older property that is a bit worn, but clean. The room with the a/c on is bit damp & musty, neither of which are noticeable after a while. Barcelona is next to the ocean so it may be just a by-product of the climate. The best thing about the Abba is there is an entry point to the Sants Metro station right outside of the hotel. The Metro map may look intimidating at first, but after a few trips it’ll all come together. You will need to use the Metro for the Abba Sants is located out of the way from the tourist area. Two very important Metro lines for tourists, L3 will take you to the heart of Barcelona Placa Catalunya (take L3 heading for Nova) & L5 will take you to Sagrada Familia (take L5 heading for Gorg). Both lines are directly accessible via the Sants Metro station. Be sure to buy the 10 trips in 1 ticket.

Best part of my trip was biking along the beach front on the bike/walk trail. Great for views, people watching, lots restaurants & music. To get to the beach area from the hotel via the Metro take the L3 line heading to Nova, transfer to L4 line at Passeig de Gracia, take the L4 heading to La Pau & get off at Ciutadella Vila Olimpica station. The beach is 10 minutes-walk south of the station (just follow the crowd).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
Les Corts
El Raval
Abba Rambla Hotel
Abba Rambla Hotel
#275 of 512 in Barcelona

Been to Abba Sants Hotel? Share your experiences!