“Nothing wrong - good business hotel”

Hotel Front Maritim
Ranked #326 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I typically don't sleep well even in the nicest of hotels, but had two great nights here. Solid beds and (for me) just the right amount of ambient noise from the surroundings. Place is clean, wifi included in the rate, staff helpful and friendly, and steps from the beach if that's your thing. It's a bit removed from Barcelona but, again, I wasn't here for the sights. One minus are limited dining options in the surrounding area. Diagonal Mar, a shopping complex nearby, has some chains. Hotel has a resto but I like to exit the premises at night.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Louis C
mcsoriano, Director General at Hotel Front Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

appreciate your comments, and that your stay was pleasant, the hotel is just minutes from the shopping center and public transport can easily walk to the center of Barcelona. As we have discussed a restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine, perhaps on your next visit you can try. Summer is approaching and this hotel is in front of the Nova Mar Bella beach, this is a more attractive rest after visiting the center.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at the hotel during Mobile World Congress 2013 in end Feb. Takes 4 blocks to walk to the metro station Selva del Mar - but you can always get a cab in front of the hotel to go downtown Barcelona (La Rambla) for 15 euros. Small rooms with no safety box, you can rent a safety box at the reception for 30 euros -refundable when you turn in the key at check out. Clean, nice bed; basic furniture, nice showers with strong water pressure. Helpful staff at the reception. Basic breakfast. Hotel bar closes at 11:30 pm sharp, very limited offerings. Nice hotel if you are in Barcelona on business, would opt for more of a downtown location eg Eixample, La Rambla etc - if you are there for the sights and food only. Can be a good choice if you go in the summer and plan on swimming. The weather was so cold while I was there, I can hardly imagine how it is in summertime.

Room Tip: go for the rooms that have a view of the sea
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Selcan T
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed 3 nights (from 23th February to 26th February 2013) due to the Mobile World Congress.

It was the first time on this hotel and everything was pretty good.

First of all, we receive a charming welcome from Reception Staff. The staff was very kind and young but speak good english and some other languages.
Check in and check out process was quite fast.
Unfortunately, the room was a bit small although very clean but, i was there only for a few nights so I did not mind at all.
The internet connection is wireless or through an ethernet cable in all the hotel and it is free !!! It didn´t fail during my stay despite the hotel being fully booked and, all the guests were connecting to internet at the same time.

Secondly, reception staff solved quite fast all the concierges questions about restaurants and so on.
The first day I took the tickets in recepction with a discount for a tourist bus (double decker bus) and it´s the best option to see the city.

Finally, we will suggest this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas B
mcsoriano, Front Desk Manager at Hotel Front Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, Mr.Thomas.
We hope that you enjoy very much Barcelona and we are glad to know that your stay has been pleasent and profitable .We hope to see you again.

Best regards

Albert Cabañas -Front Desk Manager-

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during our vacation. We wanted to be next to the beach and a quiet area away from the downtown rush. This hotel just gives you the perfect flavour to experience a real relaxing vacation. I wish to outline -
1. Their front desk is a great team and are the best guide to any information and help
2. Very nice breakfast option
3. Decent size room
4. Free wifi
5. Spa
6. Quiet and very relaxing location
7. On the beach side
8. Diagonal mar mall is nearby
9. Multiple food options nearby
10. Hop and hop off tour buses can be taken from a nearby location (15 min walking) in winters and probably only 5 min walk in summers
11. Early morning sunrise on the sea side is highly romantic
I would sure recommend this hotel if you wish a relaxing holiday and love beaches
Regards, Piyush

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Piyushpratapsingh
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have just spent a fabulous weekend at the Hotel Front Maritim. The staff were lovely and friendly and responded quickly and politely to our queries and requests. The room was small but perfectly adequate. I would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness, good service and location. Had we chosen a hotel in the middle of the city and not this slightly further out location, I don't think we would have seen this area, which boasts lovely beach front views and short walk to the beach, and a great shopping centre, the Diagonal Mar, just a few minutes down the road. Thank you Hotel Front Maritim and all the people we met during our stay.

4  Thank Kate G
mcsoriano, Director General at Hotel Front Maritim, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your comment, it is necessary for our establishment to know their opinions, we hope to tell us for a next stay. Remember that the stresses near the beach, it is a good destination to spend a summer vacation and enjoy the sun and the sea.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Front Maritim last weekend (9th-11th February 2013). The staff at the hotel were fantastic and very helpful and dealt with all our queries regarding the metro and directions to various places. The room was perfectly adequate, the bed was very comfortable and room temperature also. Shower room was also very nice. The hotel is very quiet and also very clean. Ten minute walk from lovely shopping centre and 6 minute walk to nearest metro station. Would definitely recommend the hotel and would stay here again next time we visit Barcelona. Did not make use of pool/spa.

Room Tip: Ask for sea-view room if possible.
3  Thank Claudette F

Thank you for your comment, it is necessary for our establishment to know their opinions, we hope to tell us for a next stay. Remember that the stresses near the beach, it is a good destination to spend a summer vacation and enjoy the Sun and the sea.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a mini break. I did not choose this hotel as it came as a package. I was a little disappointed with the distance from the centre but the metro was cheap and easy to use and not far away from the hotel. The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant. On arrival, it was a very warm day and our window would not open at all. We mentioned this to the receptionist as we left for a walk and on our return the window was open and were were left a complementary bottle of wine (there was no cork screw but still...) The window opened all the way, which, considering we were on the 7th floor, was a little dangerous but we are two adults who know not to climb etc. Being fair, we had a really pleasont stay there and wouldn't hesitate to recommned this hotel. However, being critical, I would probably look for something else if I were to return to Barcelona. The sewer smell was really kicking in the morning we were departing so wasn't worth mentioning but if this were summer then I would have moved, I can not cope with smells at all and this one put me off my (only passable) breakfast (which was included in the package -not worth paying extra for!) Coffee & drinks are way over priced here too but there are a couple of really close cafe's close which were very very reasonable.

Room Tip: I only saw the 'standard' rooms and wasn't made aware of any other choice.
2  Thank Claire M

Thank you for your comment, it is essential for us to know your opinion, and that our customers spend a few pleasant days with us.On the part of all us we thank you by rating our work.We hope to see you soon. Remember that we are close to the beach and this makes us a pofecto hotel to enjoy a few days of summer.