“Excellent”

Ranked #138 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Uberlandia, MG
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very close to Ramblas, Metro and Diagonal Avenue. It's clean and fit to what we searched for. Very close to Ramblas, Metro and Diagonal Avenue. It's clean and fit to what we searched for. Very close to Ramblas, Metro and Diagonal Avenue. It's clean and fit to what we searched for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrunoGuarato
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this review, January 7, 2014

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

We try to give the best service to our clients, this is our aim, and we will work hard in the future with this idea in iorder to be better is possible.

Thank you for comming with us and I hope to see you next future in Barcelona.

Director Hotel Balmes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tarragona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Booking was easy with hotel direct, they have a web page that shows all their locations (especially Barcelona) I had to choose hotel or flat rentals!!! Hotel was chosen! We booked in our car too think it was 22euros for 24hrs! Very good price for centre of Barcelona. On arrival I hopped out the car to reception, carpark entrance right next to it! Reception was quick, polite, helpful and super friendly on check-in (and check-out). We had booked an executive room, as price difference was little compared to standard room (would recommend to do that)! Room was (all the hotel) so clean! Our room was ArtDeco and we had a separate small lounge area over looking the garden and pool area, lovely. The room was warm and welcoming. The location of the hotel for us was great as we like to explore different parts of Barcelona and it was 3 blocks, walking north or so from Placa Cataluyna, up by Pedrera. Fantastic! We have found a hidden secret in Hotel Balmes and we will return to stay again. PS take your swimming costume as you can use the small spa, especially nice if you have had a long day out walking!

Room Tip: Small price difference from standard to executive/artdeco room, worth it!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank F58M
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this review, December 30, 2013

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

We are very happy to know that you had a nice days in our Hotel with our service , the room, the garden, the spa, etc.

I hope to see you next future and if you want I can give you some information about my citty of Barcelona.

Thank you so much.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I initially had been given the room on ground floor. The rooms on ground floor have very thin walls, thus you hear lot of noise from everyone in walking in. Once, I got moved to 5th floor, the room was more comfortable and had no issues w.r.t noise,etc

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sfahada
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this review, December 16, 2013

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

Is very important that you contact with the Reception if you have any problem as you did.

Thank you for coming with us and I hope to see you next future.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

It was this week with some English Customers. Perfect Location, just in the center of Barcelona and very close to Rambla and Paseo de Gracia. Staff very profesional and very friendly. Very good quality of rooms and excellent service. Really Excellent ¡¡¡¡

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jordi G
Dear Costumer ,

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

We try to give the best service to our clients this is our first aim.

I hope to see you next future and if is possible to recomend you some places and Restaurant.

Thank you for all.

Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is going to be my favourite hotel in Barcelona! I can't believe it's only 3 stars. I'm really very, very much impressed.
I di not book a room in this hotel. I was sent there from another one (Astoria), which had some problems and could not provide the booked room for me. The Astoria administration was superfriendly, they organized my stay in the Balmes hotel (and even payed the taxi to get there, although it's only 4 blocks). When I arrived at Balmes, the rom was already ready for me and the receptionist was extremely friendly, too. the girl on the reception even took my luggage and showed me the way to the room - a service that is nowadays rare in the 3-star hotels (and even in the 4-stars, I must admit).
The room was wonderful! First, it has 2 levels (floors). On the ground floor there's a living room with a TV set and confortable armchair, table for work, some other office stuff. Nicely arranged, te room has its style. Moreover, opening the jalousie I discovered a small terrace with a table and chairs! A brick wall separated the terrace from the swimming pool (or something like that).
On the first floor there was a bedroom, small but tidy, with 2 beds and a wardrobe. There was hardly space for anything else, but what one needs from a bedroom? The wardrobe was spacy and comfortable. The bathroom located between the two floors (actually at the entrance) was large, beautiful, and had everything one could need. Needless to say that everything was very clean.
The only problem could be the thin walls (or something else that allows you to hear practically any noise in the corridor or outside). However, I did not hear the noises from the neighbouring room (maybe it was empty). Probably this can be solved if one asks for a silent room (I didn't because it did not really bother me)
The location of the hotel is also perfect: it is in the walking distance to the Plaza de Catalunya (maybe 15 min). Otherwise, one can take metro, it is in 2 blocks.
The breakfast is very rich and delicious, with some typical local stuff.
All in all, this a great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

We are very happy to know that you had a nice days in our Hotel , with all services.

We will try to be better if is possible, this is and will be our aim.

Thank you so much and I hope to see you again in our Hotel Balmes.

Owen Sound, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hotel Balmes is a great hotel that is reasonable, clean, safe, and located within walking distance to most attractions. The breakfast buffet is certainly worth going down for. The courtyard is quiet and has a pool. The hotel manager (Mr. Pepe Camps) is very attentive and wants to ensure you're happy and is there to help. If and when we go back.....we'll stay here.
Wayne T.

Room Tip: Request higher and court side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this review, November 6, 2013

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

It was a pleasure to know you and your wife , and to give you some recomendations about my citty : Barcelona.
We appreciate a lot that you came to Barcelona to celebrate your 30th Wedding Aniversary and you came to the Hotel Balmes.

Thank you for all and all the staff and me we will be waiting you next time.

Thanks.

Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were there four nights earlier this month and were put in a room on the first floor not too far from the front desk. Heard the phone ring all night long with people coming & going. So book something higher up the ladder. Breakfast was the best of all the hotels we stayed in. WiFi was weak. Our bathroom was tiny as it appeared they retrofitted it to put in a bidet. After a shower I had to exit the bathroom as I would have hit my head on the counter if I'd stayed in there. Interesting African decor....enjoyed all the artifacts. Good location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RedWar
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

We will try to be better in the future and if is possible to correct the things that perhaps are not perfect.

Thank you for help us and I hope to see you next future in Barcelona.