Hotel Balmes
$128
$165
$154
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$139
Barcelo Raval(Barcelona)
$293
Elvoline
1,283 results
All reviewscerveceria catalanarecommend this hoteldiagonal metro stationfriendly hotelsmall poollas ramblasgaudi buildingswalking distancecasa batllotwo blockssingle roomminute walktapasquiet roomhotel staffhotel barcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I just can’t say enough good things about the Hotel Balmes. The hotel is located in a pleasant area close to high end shopping and Las Ramblas. Although the hotel is located in the heart of the city, just past the lobby it is exciting to discover a swimming pool, and garden terrace perfect for relaxing after a day touring Barcelona. The hotel is beautifully decorated, with works of art displayed in the lobby. The hotel rooms are trendy, well lit and immaculate. But best of all, the hotel staff is warm and very friendly. Pepe Camps, the general manager, went out of his way to make sure that my family and I were comfortable during our entire stay. He mapped out local restaurants for us to try so that we would have an authentic Barcelona experience. Also Mr. Camps provided us with a map of the city and suggestions for sites to visit so that we would get the most out of our visit to his city. It was like having our own personal tour director. The hotel has its own parking garage, and there is a public parking garage located directly across the street. I will definitely stay at the Balmes again on my next visit to Barcelona, my favorite city in Spain. My family and I got five star treatment without the price.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the hotel so despite being in the middle of a big city, we were not disturbed by any noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LarryJupiter
pepe066, Director General at Hotel Balmes, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to tell you thank you to you for coming to our Hotel Balmes and to our citty.

For all the staff of the Hotel is a pleasure to give information about the citty of Barcelona, because we know the citty very well.
I gave you some places to visit and I like that you enjoyed there, next time I will give you more.

I hope to see you soon in Barcelona and if some clients want information about the citty , restaurants, places, etc, will be a pleasure to inform them, ask in the Reception of the Hotel Balmes.

Thank so much.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

If you want a little bit extra such as pool / spa choose Balmes. Staff is nice and location is great. Public areas are stylish and clean. The room was OK ( executive room 522 ), spacious and clean, BUT already in need of refurbishing. The bathroom especially needs serious updating: old, moldy and tired looking. Overall OK place with more positives than negatives. I loved the small garden and the pool area.

Room Tip: Room facing the garden is a must if you want to sleep properly
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TeemuHuotari

Dear Guest,

thank you for coming to our Hotel Balmes and we celebrate that you enjoyed in our Hotel and in our citty.
We try to offer to our clients the best , this our aim and this will be always our idea.

Thank you and see you next future in Barcelona.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from our stay at the Balmes hotel in Barcelona. The location is great, really close to Pasieg de Gracia and and Las Ramblas (a couple blocks), but not on them so you get a nice quiet nights sleep. We arrived a bit early and were thankfully allowed to check in. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was very spacious (some other rooms we walked by were pretty tiny) with a separate seating area and big bathroom with a bathtub (something we hadn't seen in this price range). The AC worked great and the bed was extra comfy. They only have 90 minutes free wifi per day, but there is a computer in the lobby available and we were able to get our boarding passes printed off at the front desk. We opted out of breakfast as it was 10 euros discounted from 14, the most expensive we'd seen on our trip, and found some much cheaper breakfast spots instead. There is a metro station close by to take you to the far away sights and for when you're feet are aching from all the walking in the gothic quarter, also the line runs to the airport. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and the close proximity to the action without hearing it all night and the price was just right. Would definitely recommend.

4  Thank CB91910

Dear Guest,

thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.Is a pleasure for us to know that in your opinion all our services were OK .

I hope to see you next future in our Hotel Balmes.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My fiance and i had a great time at the hotel balmes,the hotel is very stylish,well maintained and spotlessly clean.The location is just right if you dont want to be too near the noise of las ramblas every night,The hotel staff tried to put us in a very small twin room when we had requested a double,this was rectified immediately and the second room was quite spacious and very nice.The only negative thing is the walls must be very thin as you can hear everything going on in other rooms but it wasnt enough to keep us awake.The staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel has everything you could want,The pool and terrace are lovely,a little haven in the middle of a bustling city

2  Thank Katie190919

Dear Guest,

thank you for your evaluation about the Hotel Balmes.

All the staff of the Hotel try to give the best to our clients this our aim , and we like all the clients happy as you.

Thank you so much for your words and I hope to see you next future in the Hotel Balmes.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Really well located hotel in central Barcelona with excellent staff and really helpful and friendly advice for sightseeing. Greeted by Hotel Manager, Pepe, who made us feel really welcome and gave some excellent advice on where to go and where to eat over a long weekend. Would recommend this hotel as a well priced comfortable hotel which is perfectly located for getting around the city. Will definitely be back !

5  Thank Steve H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion about the Hotel Balmes.

Its a pleasure to konw that you had a nice experience wih us and all the recomandations we gave you were OK.For us is very important to give information to our clients because we know the citty and we help you.

Thank you for all and I hope to see you next future.