“Convenient and very good value for money in short stays”
Review of Hotel Atlantis

Hotel Atlantis
Ranked #160 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Most of the previuous comments about this Hotel reflect quite truthfully the reality. Excellent location, all public transports and restaurantes near by. From business it's good enough for a couple of nights, but do not expect too much. Would be great to have a wider desk.
Thue that rooms do not have natural light and to some people could be clautrophobic, although the overall size of the room seemed ok.
Continental breakfast is great.
Summarizing, excellent value for money, specially from a business trip perspective.

Room Tip: I got a 5th floor room, close to the elevator. Try to request a "street" room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank invictamente

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I booked 1 night pre-cruise for me and my partner. We were lucky, because the price for that time of the year (February) was perfect - 70 EUR for double room, breakfast included. The hotel is 2-3 min. walking distance from Placa Catalunia, so it has excellent location for us, because we wanted to explore mainly the city center. The lady on the reception was very nice, we tried to chat with her in Spanish and she was so polite and patient to answer our stupid question, just because we wanted to practice the language (and I should admit that we barely speak...). The room was on the second floor, big enough, with nice furniture and comfy beds. Big flat TV screen and coffee facilities. The bath was spacious, equiped with tons of these small accessories... We had a breakfast - the choice was nice but a little remark for the churros, I like so much - I don't think they were fresh baked, maybe from the day before...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dimitar B
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed there this week in room on 4th floor. A double is actually 2 singles. The shower over bath is very old fashioned in that it does not give even heat or indeed much pressure. It was dusty on the high shelves which is the only place for non-hanging clothes. No natural light worth talking about (there is a light well but it is not very bright) and internal lighting is poor. Air conditioning not strong (had it on 17 Celsius constantly and still too warm) and there are lost of electrical buzzes about the place all night.

But, the free WIFI is good, the minibar is cheap. Location is good for tourists.

Value is terrible as it was a conference week

Room Tip: ask if there is a street view for better light - but it might be very noisy too
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dodswoa
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Take the aerobus from the airport and this hotel is about 5-10 minute walk from Placa de Catalunya main square. This is also the starting point for sightseeing tour buses, so very convenient. Las Ramblas is close by and we also walked to the arc de triumph and park ciutadella in approx 20 minutes.

Would recommend a visit to Boadas bar (just off La Ramblas, on the corner of a side street near the main square) for the oldest cocktail bar in Barcelona with a great atmosphere. There's no menu, just tell the waiter your request!

Would recommend this hotel!
Rooms were very clean and adequate, including a free safe for valuables. Breakfast was no frills but satisfactory.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmRen7
Reviewed January 11, 2014

If arriving by plane take airbus 1 or 2 to plaza catalunya. Then it's a short walk to hotel about three blocks. Great location and good friendly service. Walking distance to all attractions and great restaurants nearby. Highly recommend Los Toreros great food at a great price. Very clean and comfortable room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lucy N
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is very convenient to shops, buses and attractions and we found it a good base for our exploration of the city. Staff are helpful and were gracious toward us as we don't speak Spanish. The breakfast is very nice and generous. Our room was huge; with a spa bath, separate shower and bathroom, though I suspect this was an upgrade from their usual standard rooms.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glenstorey
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights in late December 2013/Early January 2014. The location was perfect being just a 10 minute walk to Las Rambles and the Gothic Quarter. The room was an adequate size particularly for an American in a European hotel and the bathroom was huge. Plenty of hot water and the wifi was consistently fast. There was no view to speak of from the room but I didn't come to Spain to sit in my hotel and look out the window. Breakfast was so so. The only real complaint is that I appear to have been charged twice for a the HOHO bus that I booked through them but the amount in question is 5 Euros so I'm not going to lose a great deal of sleep over this. I was in a hurry when I left and didn't check the bill as carefully as I should have. Overall, very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo