we stayed here for 5 nights. i made the mistake of reading all the reviews of the similarly named Sagrada Familia hotel, even going so far as to take down the directions so we ended up there by mistake. however it is only about 15-20 mins walk away, so no harm done.
this hotel is very close to Clot metro which takes you directly to/from the airport. just leave the clot station by the arago exit and cross over 2 pedestrian crossings to restaurant named Coctelera walk left and the hotel is about 1 minute walk on the right. the metro only costs 1-2 euro depending on which ticket you buy. The T10 costs 9.80 and gives you 10 metro journeys. tickets can be shared by just handing them to the next person to use. metro is a great way to travel, trains run often, seem safe, clean.
the room we had was average size, tea making facilities, safe (50e deposit required), fridge, TV, hairdryer. staff at check in were pleasant though this hotel seems to serve a lot of bus trips and if you happen to be checking in at the same time, it can be very busy. our air conditioning was very noisy the first night but we mentioned it the following morning and it was fixed on our return that day. we had a room overlooking a busy street (615) but the double glazing is excellent and we never heard a thing. the lifts are fast and numerous as each lift only seems to serve a few rooms on each floor. the shower is ok but can give you a blast of cold water on occasion.
breakfast was included in our rate. there was a good selection of continental and some hot food as well however they always seemed to run out of plates, cutlery etc. the staff are very busy clearing tables and there is no point asking them for spoons etc as they will just tell you "one momento" and carry on anyway. they are so diligent that if you leave your table to get a cup of coffee etc you will often find that your whole meal has been cleared away by the time you get back. we had to leave someone to "guard" the table and even then things were still lifted! i asked for a spoon for my cereal one morning and was handed a teaspoon from the next table! there only seems to be a snack bar open in the evenings and we ate there the first night, burger and chips, pizza etc. it was ok.
all in all this was a quite good hotel, very handy for the city centre but in a quieter area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Sagrada Familia (formerly known as Catalonia Aragon) is situated on one of the most important streets in Barcelona, Calle Aragon, only a few metres from La Sagrada Familia. This hotel with swimming pool and free Wi-Fi is perfect for those who want to move around this vibrant Mediterranean city with ease and enjoy all it has to offer in tourism, gastronomy and culture. The hotel also offers a fitness room with free access to all customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Catalonia Sagrada Familia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Aragon Barcelona
- Catalonia Aragon Hotel
- Hotel Catalonia Sagrada Familia Barcelona