The only positive part about this hotel was the location: just in front of a metro station. Rooms are big but dirty and the cleaning lady is definitely not doing a good job. Two nights in a row she only left one bath towel for the two of us. Same story with the shampoo that, as another minus was of a very bad quality. Hair was all over the bathroom. The one glass that was used was not cleaned the whole stay (4 days).
Swimming pool on the roof top (one of the main reasons for which we booked this hotel) is incredibly small and there are like 6 available sun beds next to it. Last but not the least, they are supposed to have a spa center but we were told to take the towels in our room if we want to go to the swimming pool. I think this is the first spa hotel I have been into without towels available for the swimming pool.
I would definitely not recommend the hotel and won't go back again. It was a huge disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renewed in 2004, the hotel is situated in Avenida Meridiana, with easy access to any part of the city due to the proximity to Aragon Street one main streets of Barcelona, and Rondas witch will help you to get shortly to the Metropolitan Area. The Hotel Atenas is provided of an outdoor swimming pool and a solarium situated in the upper part of the hotel where you will enjoy a brilliant panoramic view of Barcelona. It also has a SPA with Turquish Bath and jacuzzi and a gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Catalonia Atenas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Atenas Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Atenas
- Catalonia Atenas Hotel Barcelona