“Large room/amenities. Huge TV. Good internet.”

Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center
Ranked #58 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Our room was quite large. Huge TV - probably about 6 feet long! Good in-room and bath amenities. Quiet. Very plush bath towels. About 8 minute walk from Espanya metro for easy access to anywhere in the city for just over 1E/ride when you buy 10 rides. 5.90E bus each way to BCN. Limited good dining/sightseeing options away from hotel in immediate area. Large business center with about 8 desktops. Good free internet. In-room service could have used some improvement but very minor issues. No concierge desk. Seems to cater more to business traveler than tourist.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Very good location, next to the magic fountains and other attractions. Bus stops are close by. Very clean rooms and luxurious bathrooms, a great lobby and adequate swimming pool. Only thing is noise can enter the room from the corridor. An excellent stay for families and it's also not too far from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Raja A K
Reviewed April 27, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great location and the size of the room is generous. We found lots of places to eat nearby that were great so eating in at the hotel wasn't as appealing. We cannot comment on the food. The first night we had a room for three of us, we were there for spring break with our 21 year old son. It was uncomfortable as the beds were only full size, not queens as we had been told. They moved us into a junior suite the second night which was a much better fit for our situation. The pull out sofa bed was not as comfortable for our son but the king size bed was much better for us and we had two rooms rather than one, which was much better. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and we had a wonderful stay. I would recommend the hotel highly especially since other areas of Barcelona are known for being much more of a noise problem. If you are looking for the singles crowd, you may want to look somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Crowne Plaza hotel in Barcelona is excellent but it is a bit boring or maybe just a bit 'business' (a matter of taste and preference I guess)
It misses the intimacy but for the rest it is very good in every way. Location is good, adjacent to Montjuïc and the Olympic center with Placa D'Espanya around the corner.
We got an upgrade to a very nice and spacious suite (from the IHG loyalty program).
The Club Lounge is very comfortable and the blonde hostess is extremely helpful and service minded, minding the smallest detail and helping out with planning trips and sightseeing, super!
Absolutely a comfortable and luxurious stay with value for money.
+ Spacious, everything is high quality, bathroom/shower, super big thick towels
- Small windows, breakfast is not bad but could be better, lacks 'intimacy'

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This hotel has recently been renovated and so much improved compared to my visit 2 years ago. The rooms are large and modern. Nice beds, giant desk, sitting area, minibar, ironboard and nespresso and tea facility. Good bathroom with bath and shower. There is a business center where you can make prints free of charge. Breakfast was what you expect in a 4-star hotel and lunch idem. All you need for a comfortable stay. If you dont come to work: There is a cute tapas restaurant and one upscale restaurant really nearby, but it is not a swinging neighborhood. What really makes the difference with other 4 four star hotels is the staff. This hotel used to be named Fira plaza, now it is Crowne plaza fira center. I dont know whether they retrained staff.... But there were exceptionally friendly and service minded. It was top of the bill prior arrival by email, at the frontdesk, at breakfast at the meetingsrooms, at the bar. No exception. They promised that they will have a wellness center next visit. Definitely coming back when I need to be in town for work.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank anna232
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Crowne Plaza Barcelona Fira Center is a lovely hotel. Modern and sophisticated in both the lobby and the rooms. The bathroom was gorgeous - lovely fixtures, nice products for guests to try, lots of towels, bright lights and tub and a shower. Reception staff are pleasant, helpful and friendly. I wish my hotel room had more natural light, but this is what you often get with downtown hotels.

A few problems. I was like another guest who booked the hotel looking forward to swimming and workout and was disappointed to discover that the facilities were being renovated and we were expected to go elsewhere. I was irked that I had not been informed beforehand; I could have saved some room in my luggage. I also wonder if renovation is responsible for the odd smells that came from my plumbing - sewage smell one day, sulfur smell the next. Both came and went, but were unpleasant nonetheless. A final problem was the housekeeping. My room was poorly cleaned each day - definitely tidied, but unpleasant little details like muck left on the dishes, 3/4 of the tub clean, 1/4 still with soap scum, and a spill in the fridge that was there when I arrived and remained until I left.

I say things could get better because the gym will eventually reopen and you could get luckier with your housekeeper. I thought the location of the hotel was perfect because it was on a quiet street but a short walk to the subway and several local attractions. A short subway ride or longer walk to most things in the city. A beautiful park nearby and lots of cafes, restaurants, and even a grocery store (underground, next to the subway station). I was staying at the hotel for a conference and the conference details were handled efficiently. I agree breakfast was a bit costly, but it was convenient and had lots of options - about as good as you could expect from a hotel breakfast buffet. After the conference, I went elsewhere for breakfast.

I would happily stay here again for a conference or just for visiting Barcelona, although I would check to see if the gym and pool were open. In the end, the good things balanced off the bad.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Cece W
CrownePlazaBarcelona, Director General at Crowne Plaza Barcelona - Fira Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to send your reviews regarding your recent stay on this website.
I am delighted to read your comments about our pleasant, helpful and friendly staff.
Certainly apologize for the inconvenience caused about finding the pool closed. In fact, we are undertaking a major reform and very soon, it will be re-open as a wonderful Spa and Fitness area wich, of course, I wish you come and enjoy.
I really appreciate all feedback provided as it is the main way to detect our weakness and so became better every day.

Many thanks again for your time and I hope you give us a second chance on your next visit to Barcelona.

Enrique Escofet