“Excellent Hotel”

Eurohotelbarcelona
Ranked #388 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Our stay here was great. Friendly staff, large, clean room and great breakfast. Easy to get to the city centre via bus or Metro. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank PGWAT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mountain View, California
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Solid hotel choice in Barcelona. Got this hotel on Priceline for $100/night. Barcelona hotels seemed expensive when I was looking, so I was happy with this rate. Hotel is out of the way from the city center but there is a bus stop, the #41 about a block away from the hotel that will take you there for 1.45 euros. This hotel is easy walking to the beach and there's a park close by. The room itself was clean, wood floors, small but acceptable shower/bath. Nothing fancy about it, but serviceable and safe. We asked about wifi and was told that was an additional 20 euros. She immediately offered us a cord and said we could have dial up for free, which, being dial up was slow, but for confirming flights and doing what was necessary, worked out for us. Pleasant people on the front desk. Solid, practical spot to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alastairdeacon
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed with my husband at the hotel for 2 nights in Nov 2011..Initially we had some problem finding the Hotel as the Google directions from the nearest metro station ( Pobleneu) were not that accurate. It took us almost 1-1.5 hr to find the hotel ( though it is only a 10 minute walk from the metro, which we found later after we got a hang of the roads). Our room was spacious and had a good sized bathroom..But had no view of the sea..The hotel is only 10 min walk from the beach..and 20 min walk to Barceloneta beach..Breakfast was very good...Had some good Spanish omelettes which we both liked a great deal..The staff was very friendly and gave us some good advice on the roads and bus stations..Even helped us to get a print of our HOHO ticket voucher which we had forgotten :) Free wifi but could be assessed only in the Reception area which was a bit irritating..Rooms were cleaned during the day..The only problem was that the Hotel was not nearer to the center of the city..The nearest Hop on Hop off bus station was a good 20-25 min walk ( which we njoyed as we took the way along the beach)..Lots of cafes, pizza places around the Hotel.Overall stay was good with no problems at all !! would recommend the hotel if the distance from the center is not an issue !!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GuneetS
Aachen, Germany
Reviewed November 10, 2011

the Rafaelhotel Diagonal Port is the best location to combine beach and city. Just across the street is a very beautiful beach with a lot of space and free showers, nice little beach bars etc. Walking distance to the harbour of Barcelona is around 30 -40 minutes is just a nice walk on the promenade aside the sea. the hotel stuff is very friendly, the rooms are clean but not very big. Breakfast is nice as well, consisting of different breads, toasts, cereals, eggs, fruits. It is the same tough each day. We stayed here 10 days in August and enjoyed it very much though we spent more time in Barcelona than on the beach.. Price/performance ratio of this hotel is good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank avolkhardt
montreal
Reviewed October 31, 2011

As part of our trip to Spain we stayed at rafaelhoteles for two night ( september 24 and 25 ) and we were not impressed by the offer.

Positive: Good location ( close to the beach )

Less positive: A bit far from old parts of the city. View is not great specially if you're in the inner court. Room are correct size, no more. Personnal were ok . . Pricing was way too much for that type of offer. We were kinda expecting more from that pricing range.

If you look you can find a better deal

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iogima
Perth Ontario Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We just spent 10 days at this hotel, and I can't recommend it enough! The room was spotless, and cleaned perfectly every day. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in, and the pillows were exactly the right size. I hate huge pillows that crank your neck too high up in the sky. The breakfast buffet had everything I can think of to eat at breakfast, and then some. We had a huge breakie every day and then were good to go for hours and hours. The staff at the hotel were exceptional: friendly, helpful, pleasant, and went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful stay. Every night I would get hot water from the little ground floor bar to make my herbal tea, and the lovely girl there insisted we didn't need to pay anything. (but I gave her a tip, of course!) The beach was right across the road and I had great swims every day. BEAUTIFUL beach!!! White sand for many kilometers, bars at intervals where my husband who doesn't like to stretch out in the sun like I do could repair for "cervezas". Usually we don't ever go back to the same place because we like to travel to different countries and different parts of these countries, but we will definitely be back there next year, since there are so many things in Barcelona we didn't have the time to do. And we will DEFINITELY be back at this hotel. Also, it is right on bus route #41 which took us downtown very cheaply. Actually, we went all over on the buses which was great because we got to meet many local people. (Talking is one of my favourite activities as anyone who has met me for 6.4 seconds realizes - GRIN - so that is why I speak English, French, and Spanish - more opportunities to TALK!) Oh, I must mention what a SAFE city Barcelona is. Over 3 million people, and outside our hotel single women were out jogging and rollerblading at 10:30 p.m. and much later. Try doing THAT in a city of that size anywhere else in the world. When I set off to do some things on my own one day, and needed to transfer to a different bus, the bus driver and all the other passengers had great conversations to help me out. The language spoken is Catalan, and if I only spoke Spanish, I would have been totally lost, but my French allowed me to figure out what they were saying pretty much all of the time, and they didn't give up till I did: much pointing and as long as you can do derecha (right) and izquierda (left), it's doable! Yes, we got lost a few times, but that was just an opportunity to talk with lots of local people doing the old left & right until we got UNlost! What a relaxing, wonderful holiday we had!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and it was lovely and quiet. However, I think it was the same in all the r...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brenda64
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed October 8, 2011

While this hotel was 4 Star Spanish style (i.e. I don't think it would be ranked as such in Ireland due to the decor and fact its quite outdated) the staff would make me come back in a heartbeat. I was in Barcelona for work and had the good fortune to be put up in this hotel for one night.

Check-in was fine and I was absolutely exhausted so decided to eat in the hotel restaurant rather than venture out. I arrived close to 9 and there was nobody else in the restaurant (a few others came in later). The waiter and waitress were absolutely fantastic. They could not do enough to make my meal as satisfying as possible. I would go back just to eat there again!

Nothing else of real note as I was only there one night but its a great location really close to the beach with nice streets behind it and free wifi in reception. Rooms are clean and functional and the extras in the bathroom are pretty impressive (toothbrush/razor etc!)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business