“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #279 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family only stayed one night at the AC Hotel, but the room was nice and spacey. The staff was extremely friendly and everything suited our needs. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant at all, but the drinks in the minibar were free.

We had three adults staying in the same room, so we needed a rollaway bed. There's an extra charge for that, but we knew that ahead of time. The extra bed was placed in the room with the sofa and there was a screen that could be closed to separate the two areas (the room with the sofa and the room with the bed), so that provided some privacy.

Everyone on the staff spoke English and they were were helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tracey C

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed for six days in that hotel. The rooms are spacious, well decorated and well equipped, with a large working desk and nice living area. The bathroom is also fine and well equipped. The breakfast is generous and very good. The personnel is very friendly and helpful. The location is quiet. An excellent price for value ratio !

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AntonioJulioNegro
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is a modern hotel with ultra chic rooms that provides a desk, sitting area and a bedroom that closes off from the sitting room. The staff was super! They spoke English and were very knowledgable about the surrounding area, how to ride the trains, what to see, etc. Our breakfast was included - the usual fare for European breakfast, however, if you wanted a hot breakfast, they would make you eggs. The trays were always replenished when needed and lots of fresh fruit. They never ran out of coffee (as some hotels do in their breakfast area) and there was plenty of space to accomodate the guests.
This hotel is more "Americanized" than most in Europe. The large rooms, ultra modern bath, robes and slippers provided, and in a safe neighborhood made this a great choice.

Room Tip: 8th floor very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank misterwiz
Reviewed May 9, 2012

FIrst time to this hotel since associated with Marriott. It was warm and they had not activated the air conditioning so the room was very hot. Internet was not included with the room so you had to go to the lobby to use. Room was beautiful, clean and spacious.

Room Tip: Suites in the front had a long balcony facing east with sliding doors from the living room and the b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cms43
acvictoriasuites, Director General at AC Hotel Victoria Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your opinion. I'm glad you liked the room, I honestly think that they are very nice too. As you say, they are very spacious and that is not so often found nowadays.

Air conditioning: I'm sorry it was not turned on yet when you came. This happens only twice a year during two days each time and it is done in order to purge and clean the whole system. We plan it in autumn and spring when temperatures are mild in order to diminish inconveniences. However, this year we had very high temperatures precisely during the days where the process was done so it was not ideal. Again, sorry for the inconvenience. Air conditioning is now working perfectly.

Internet is free in the lounge but costs some money in the rooms. There are different options, but the most commonly demanded is the one which gives you access during 24 hours but expires only after 3 days. This access costs 12€.

We hope to lodge you again should you decide to repeat a visit to our beautiful city.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed there during MWC 2012 and was a delight. Interiors were well furnished with a modern touch while the balcony was nice to enjoy the cold breeze. My experiences with the AC chain have been very pleasant. The suites were well equipped with amenities and kept cleaned during my stay. Front office assistance was great with transportation arrangements and providing excellent directions. Internet connectivity was the biggest concern but I had no problems at all connecting at the lobby during evenings. Good option considering its proximity to the Metro and supermarket.

Room Tip: Room towards the end of the block is more peaceful
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank slurer73

Dear guest,

I'm sincerely grateful for your opinion. Believe me when I tell you how important it is for all of us to receive good reports. I will let my collaborators know about your good perception of the service they provided. This definitely helps their motivation stay high and continue pursuing excellency in the way they treat our guests.

Internet access was often problematic at the time you stayed in the hotel but since then, the whole system has been changed and I'm satisfied to say that we have now a very good connectivity. It is much quicker and less expensive than before. This is a clear case to prove that investment gives an immediate return both to our guests and to us.

Warm regards,

AC by Marriott Hotels

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed for three night in a small suite. It was very nice, clean and comfortable. I am already making my reservation here for the nexy visit to Barcelona. The reason I am notrating it 5 is that the breakfast was a little boring - no egg, bacon or anything cooked. And that the reception did not speak english - but only spanish that I do not speak - when I checked out. But these are really minor things in anoverall very good experience

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jan-from-Denmark
acvictoriasuites, Director General at AC Hotel Victoria Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your opinion! I'm very glad you had a nice stay with us and specially gratefull that you took the time to write about it.

We actually do serve hot plates during breakfast but they are on request. Sometime ago me decided not to put hot dishes permanently in the buffet because they end up looking a bit shabby. They taste and look much better when done on the spot. So if you decide to stay with us again, do not hesitate to ask the waiter for it.

Warm regards,

Manager

Reviewed February 1, 2012

To be honest after reading some of the reviews I was concerned BUT we needed to stay in the area. The Princess Sofia was full so I booked a room here. I used one of the booking sites so I wasn't expecting a great experience.

The room was excellent. I requested a cot for an infant and it was waiting for us. The suite was large and well furnished. The staff were very very helpful at all times.

The one area where I felt could be addressed was the price of the food in the restaurant. Very pricy for what was delivered BUT the beer was ice cold. If going back to Barcelona this hotel will be my first port of call.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor so it was really quiet
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Niall S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very, very much for your comments. I'm specially grateful because as you mention, we had recently had a couple of negative opinions and with you taking the time to write about us, you have contributed to the credibility of my previous answers saying that bad experiences in our hotel are unfortunate exceptions which are not representative of our high standard.

I'm also happy to announce that since this week we have a new wifi system which has enourmously improved the speed and quality of the internet connection. This will undoubtly increase the satisfaction of our guests.

I'm very glad we were able to deliver you a good service, this is what we work for. And again thank you for your contribution.

I hope to be able to host you again in a near future.

Kindest regards,