“no refund”

Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto
Ranked #283 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I did a mistake when I reserved twice the same room for the same night. Many times, I contacted GALA HOTELS to give me back the money (51 €uros) , they said OK but never I received it. So for the moment, when I do an hotel reservation, I choose an other company. The ALFA HOTEL is perfect for the situation, near of the BARCELONA AIRPORT and for the quality/price, modern and clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
BWHotelALFA, Gerente at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Sirs :

Thanks for writting an opinion about our Hotel , It was a pleasure receive you visit and It seens that you were hapy with the hotel and we are satisfied for this.
On the other hand , I have to tell you that we do not belongs to GALA HOTELS.

Thanks.

Best regards

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had to wait for an Early flight so we dediced to take this hotel. The shuttle service provided by the hotel was fantastic. It is available from 5 am o 23 pm.

This hotel exceed our expectations from the price to the friendly staff.
Our check in was fantastic, Ramón the gentleman at the front was kind, polite and efficient at the same time fast. We were really tired and he did a good job.
It is worthy to say about the gentleman Manuel Night audit his treatment to the guest is excellent very friendly as well.
Nuestra estancia en el Best western alfa aeropuerto fue genial, tuvimos que pasar la noche por un vuelo temprano. Gracias al servicio de lanzadera propuesto por el hotel, pudimos llegar a tiempo a nuestro vuelo a las 6.15 por la mñanaa.
Me gustaria hacer especial mencion a Ramón quien hizo un gran trabajo en nuestro check in. Tambien me gustaría hacer especial mención al señor Manuel chico que trabajaba de noche, educado, amable
La mejor opción para un viaje de paso por el aeropuerto
Un gran placer
Inma

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
BWHotelALFA, Gerente at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for writtimg your opinion about our hotel.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed during your stay in our hotel

We hope you can return sun.

Thanks

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel shuttle was eventually found and I arrived into the hotel in a darkened part of an industrial estate near the airport with no sign of life outside. Reception staff on arrival were impatient and not very pleasant. The outside and reception area were very dark and there were large groups of single men which was quite worrying for a single woman traveller. The room was clean but had scuffed floors, no kettle and the advertised 'free toiletries' were two dispensers - one by the sink and one in the shower - with nondescript foaming soap! I had a bad fall in the bathroom as having dripped water from the sink I slipped and skidded under the sink unit. It is worth mentioning that the high fashion sink does not have a plug and cannot be filled for face washing etc! I went to the little shop within the reception area and bought some items which were paid at the reception with a disgruntled staff member.
I had a nice snack in the bar and then went to bed. I was a little concerned that the door had no peep-hole or chain and so having pushed a chair against it I had a good night's sleep in a very comfortable bed.
The lady in the bar in the evening and then again the lady in the morning were both very nice and helpful. I did not partake of the express Breakfast as it was machine coffee and lukewarm orange juice with a croissant. I bought a freshly brewed coffee at the bar instead.
definitely did not feel welcome; except in the bar and the airport shuttle driver - who was pleasant and helpful.
Would not go back. Handy for the airport in Barcelona but there are other/better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank BusyMStirling
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my one night stay here got a bus from
Outside the hotel into the middle
If Barcelona which cost 2 euro per person
The hotel is really nice was pretty warm though in the night but you couldn't
Open the window as the traffic from the road was too loud . The walls are very thin and if your a light sleeper could be a problem as you could bear everything
The bedroom itself was spacious and the beds were comfy . The bathroom was amazing he bath was so nice and modern

Would stay here agin

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank clare621
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We came upon this hotel by chance as our connecting flight got delayed. Looking for the closest hotel, we chose Alfa. No regrets at all.

Front desk managers, Luis and Manuel are extremely proficient in English and attentive to our requests. Service always with a smile. Rooms were nice and clean, most important factor for the Mrs... I loved the free wifi everywhere around the hotel, strong connection signals.

A truly pleasant experience, and value for money... most definitely

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Muhammad Y
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here one night while passing through Barcelona and chose it for the convenience to the airport. It is a very nice hotel. My room was clean, comfortable, stylish and quite spacious. The wifi was free and the signal was strong. At check in I was given a coupon for a free glass of champagne which I enjoyed with an excellent dinner in the hotel restaurant. I also appreciated the free shuttle to the airport in the morning. I wish I had taken the trouble to find the shuttle TO the hotel however. The driver of the taxi outside the airport said the address I had from the hotel website was not a complete address and he struggled to find the hotel. But at last we did - was a little stressful so that glass of champagne was a nice bonus! There did not seem to be much near the hotel, it was in an industrial park and the neighbourhood looked a little run down, so I would not recommend the hotel for tourists to the city - but if you are passing through, it's great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The free shuttle bus was a bonus but it's located in an industrial area with nothing outside. Also there was a lot of noise from the road and other guests arriving/leaving at all hours. That said for what I paid in feel that it was decent value for money, the room was clean and spacious and if we needed another one night stop over I would consider booking it again. What we saved in taxi fares to and from the airport with the shuttle service made the value even better.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#2 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
NH Collection Barcelona Tower
NH Collection Barcelona Tower
#127 of 515 in Barcelona
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
#101 of 515 in Barcelona

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!