“Excellent crash hotel...”

Ranked #269 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Hampshire, UK
“Excellent crash hotel...”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

It's not a hotel for a romantic weekend away, but if you need somewhere that's functional, clean, offers good links to the airport (free every 30 minutes) and to the city (2 euros for the 30 minute ride), then this hotel is fine. Rooms are very acceptable and the excellent bathrooms seem to have been brought in from a five star boutique hotel. Good restaurant, very good breakfast for the size of the hotel, and the service at reception was friendly and helpful (they tracked down the glasses which I'd left in a taxi one day and had them returned to the hotel, for example).
On the down side, you should know that it's absolutely nowhere, on a main road (not terribly busy) through an industrial wasteland, so should you need to go anywhere not served by the shuttles, it's taxi or car. As a stopover hotel though, or a place just to crash during a business trip, pretty good.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank rjmachin
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear sir,
We would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the room, breakfast and the level of service. Your wonderful words are the best compliments for us and I am really proud of them.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying at Best Western Alfa and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,
Esther Montero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vigeois
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have used this hotel before embarking on cruises from Barcelona.We have found the hotel clean.The staff have always been very friendly.If you wish to explore Barcelona you can catch a bus to the centre from just outside of hotel for 2euro.We have left our car the parking is secure and costs about 9 euros a day payable on return.The rooms are comfortable and not expensive.If you wish to eat in the restaurant is fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Correzian
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with Best Western Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto. Your compliments of room, restaurant ,staff and services are very much appreciated .

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return.

Kind regards,
new york
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Having read many indifferent reviews, I had my doubts about this place...
But, I really got what I expected. I checkedIn without too much of trouble. The room is great for an overnight stay. I went down and got a power plug for my USA-based laptop (had to give them a 10 Euro refundable deposit)..WiFi was ok. The inhouse restaurant is ok for a quick meal. Wine portions are generous. Shuttle ride to the airport was on time.

Now, the negatives:
1. There is no coffee inside the room
2. There is no other restaurants within the walking distance. It is pretty lonely, late in the night...I did take a walk.
3. There are cops (friendly) in the lobby...not sure why ?
4. People at the counter are always sullen, treat everybody suspiciously (not sure why), treat everybody like homeless people (personally, I had no problems)
5. The shuttle rides (from the airport) are infrequent...once in 45 minutes (I think)...although I got lucky). It is good 15 mts ride from the airport

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank assamese
Dear Guest,

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Best Western Hotel Alfa

Faithfully yours
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for two nights on our way back to Canada from a long stay in Africa. We had never been to Barcelona before. This hotel is near the airport, with free transportation to and from the airport. The room was minimal but adequate. We slept well. The services were minimal. We had a drink in the bar, put it on our room tab, but were never asked to pay for it when we checked out. We had a whole day to see the sights of Barcelona, There was a bus that took us into the city. It was convenient. In the city we took a tour bus and had a delightful time. Best of all, the room was very cheap.. We might not stay there again, but it was worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brokenwing5
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Sirs.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and the shuttle from/to the airport.
It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.
With kind regards
Salamanca, Spain
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Rude and arrogant service at the reception desk. After travelling throughout Spain for 2 months this is the worst service I have received. When, for some unknown reason, I had trouble with my card, it was thrown back at me by the reception personnel with merely a shrug as to what I could do when I was clearly distressed about the problems with my card. Eventually I had to offer the solution of perhaps finding an ATM nearby and even then the receptionist was unhelpful and rude. On paying with cash the receptionist struggled to calculate the change and when I tried to point out how much I should receive back my hand was dismissively waved away. On the upside the room was lovely and the bed comfortable. Only lukewarm water in the shower.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Roz S
Dear Guest,
I have read your comments and I would like you to accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused along you stay at our Hotel. You can be sure that I will check what happened with the recepcionist service taking so long to be delivered so that this mistake does not occur anymore.
Thank you very much for your opinion, it helps us a lot.
Best regards
Esther Montero
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
FrontAir Congress
FrontAir Congress
#3 of 3 in Sant Boi de Llobregat
NH Collection Barcelona Tower
NH Collection Barcelona Tower
#122 of 512 in Barcelona

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!