“Comfiest bed I have slept in.”

Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto
Ranked #258 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Comfiest bed I have slept in.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night as out flight got cancelled due to weather conditions. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from the airport. The hotel offers free transfers to and from the hotel which is definitely worth doing as I overheard two men complain to reception that their taxi charged them 20euros! The bathroom is very clean and very modern. The bed and pillows are so comfy, I wish we stayed there for more than one night. The hotel isn't much to look at from the outside, but the interior is lovely! There's even a mini supermarket style shop inside which was convenient as there aren't any shops nearby. There is a bus stop directly outside the hotel where the number 21 will take you straight to Barcelona central. Can't say a bad word about this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with Best Western Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto. Your compliments of beds and services are very much appreciated .

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return.

Kind regards,
Esther Montero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
london
Reviewed January 12, 2013

After a long flight from Ecuador we needed somewhere to collapse for a night before flying home the next morning, so we opted for an airport hotel in Barcelona. It was on NY Day and one of the few bargains we could find online (€46 I think). Although it's in a crap, Milton Keynes-esque area, inside the hotel is fantastic. Comfy rooms, waterfall showers, a small pool and sauna and a smart bar & restaurant serving great value wine (€2.80 a glass) and Iberico ham. Free shuttle to & from airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen Q
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear madame,
We would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the room, swimming pool, sauna, bar, restaurant and the shuttle. Your wonderful words are the best compliments for us and I am really proud of them.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying at Best Western Alfa and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Few Reasons why we booked this hotel:

Tea making in rooms
Free Mini Bar
Close to Airport
Airport pick up and drop off

I went to Barcelona on a weekend trip with my mum. We arrived at Barcelona airport and I rang the hotel for our pick up. The Receptionist said the bus will be with us in 20 min and gave us the location of pick up. We waited 35-40 min for the bus to come. Other transfer buses were coming and going, the same ones. The Drivers of these bus’s even asked where we were going as we were there so long. By the time the bus picked us up we were both frozen and could hardly get onto the bus as we were stiff from standing in the freezing cold for so long. It took me a solid 15 min to stop my teeth from chanting from the cold. If we had of know it was going to be so long, we would have either gone for a cup of tea out of the cold to keep warm or gotten a taxi.

On arrival at the hotel, we checked in. There was a gentleman mid 30's who checked us in. He had little English but very nice. We went to our Room and the first thing we wanted to do was make a nice cup of tea after all our travelling and to warm us up, it was also quite late. We looked everywhere for the kettle but could not find one. I went down to reception thinking that there was a kettle in the room but we just couldn't find it.

I waiting patiently while the receptionist dealt with a couple he was checking in. The receptionist was not the same guy that checked us in. This was an older man, Mid 50's grey hair. I asked if he could tell me whereabouts in the room the tea making was. He looked at me with a grumpy face and said there were no tea making in the rooms, I said your website states there is tea making in the hotel rooms. He shooed me away with his hands like a dog and turned his back on me and walked away. This must have been the rudest man I have ever come across. To talk to a guest in that manner and to turn his back and walk away. I went back to my room humiliated, stunned and shocked. I logged onto their website with my phone to double check, and there it was “Tea making in Rooms”. If we had of know that there was NOT going to be tea making in the room, we would have brought our own traveling kettle. But the fact that the website stated Tea making in the Rooms, we did not bring ours. Also, the Mini bar was not free, this too has changed on their website. I see a lot of content that was on their website before we went has now been removed – Mmmmm, suspicious!!!!! I couldn’t have cared less about the mini bar, it was my cuppa tea I really wanted :)

Since there was no tea making in the room and we desperately needed a cuppa tea, we went down to the bar. It must have been about 11 o’clock at night. We ordered two cups of tea and were totally SHOCKED by the price of a cup of tea, €4.36 for 1 cup of tea, OH MY GOD!!! But we were desperate and had to pay. Two cups of tea each costs us short of €20 – OUTRAGOUS. I wouldn’t mind but the tea was horrible. I know it was made with loose tea leaves but it was the most ghastly tea I’d ever tasted. Note to management: The tea bags you had for your breakfast were much nicer and I’m sure they do not cost as much as the loose tea leaves do.

On Saturday we went to reception to order a taxi. There was another receptions on. A young guy mid 20’s, very helpful and couldn’t have been nicer. He gave us a few helpful tips etc.

We ate in the hotel on the Saturday night as according to the Website, it had a top chef…HA, a top chef that can’t even cook an omelette. Myself and mum ordered a dish which was an omelette on bread with a side salad. When it came out it looked fabulous until I cut into the omelette and the runny egg ran out. Both our Omelettes were not fully cooked through. This was sent back to the kitchen. When it came back out, it was the same omelette but just cooked more, the bread that the omelette came on was now soggy. They didn’t even bother to give us fresh bread. And yes, the next morning I could not get off the toilet… most probably the raw omelette!!

Sunday morning and glad to leave the hotel. We had placed our names down for the drop off to the airport. We were told it would be going to T1 first before dropping us off at T2… The driver dropped us right down at the far end which meant we had to walk a good distanced to our departure doors dragging our case’s. We thought at first maybe the bus is not allowed stop at certain area’s but no, that was not the case as cars/bus’s all pulled up outside the departure doors while mum and me were still trying to drag out suitcase up. BTW, my mum is 67 and this dragging of the suit case for the distance really took it out of her.

The only good point I could say about this hotel is… on Saturday night, we spotted a glass of red wine for about €2.95 and it was gorgeous.. Oh and the décor of the hotel was nice but with all of the above, we couldn’t enjoy it.. I won’t go into what their breakfast was like because this hotel will make me out to be a moan if I continue on.

I honestly don’t know if I would ever go near another BEST WESTER hotel group again. First time in Barcelona and this hotel ruined my experience and my mums.

The only thing this hotel really has going for it, is it location and being close to the airport.

I know the hotel is going to reply to my review and try and discredit it and I won’t be able to reply to their comments, but this is my honest opinion of this hotel and Im sorry I couldn’t write anything nice about it.. I really wanted to but I can’t lie. Not the greatest of experience unfortunately :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lyndsay_di
Dear madame,

Esther Montero

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Klaipeda, Lithuania
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice hotel. Clean room, big bathroom with hairdryer, big bed and a tasty breakfast. The shop, where you can buy all the basic stuff was a very nice surprise for me.

Didn't really liked a pillows on a bed (where a bit too stiff for me), the fact the the floor in a bathroom didn't had a heating. But the most annoying was that a fan in airconditioning/heater was turning on with a loud click.

The overall impression is very good, and I would definitely recommend this place, especially if you travel with a car or need to stay close to airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Alex D
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest ,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the room, shop, breakfast and services during your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the whole team here and read with pride.

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Best Western Hotel Alfa.

Faithfully yours,
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for a family of 4 which were nice, clean & comfortable.
The hotel has bar food & a snack shop which is open 24 hours. We did not have meals in the restaurant.
The shuttle bus worked out great. We walked out of arrivals "B" sign overhead & rang the hotel.
We walked 20 steps to the right to a sign "C" which had a sign with hotel names beside it & that is where the shuttle bus pick up & drop off is located. We arrived in terminal 2. The bus came straight away. Less than 8 mins to the hotel. The next day we got the public bus no. 21 from outside the hotel into the city center €2 each which took 25 mins. We had a full day in Barcelona & did the bus tour red & blue routes. We left our luggage at the hotel for the day. We booked the shuttle bus for the evening time to return to the airport.
Check in & out was perfect with Manuel who gave me an information sheet & there are maps & loads of tourist information in reception. There is free wi-fi in reception & a computer & printer you can use free of charge. We knew that the hotel is in an industrial zone but that did not bother us. I would recommend the hotel even though the reviews I read before we went were very mixed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Copps4
Dear Guest,

We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with Best Western Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto. Your compliments of room, staff and services are very much appreciated .

Kind regards
Montpellier, France
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We find here people very helpfull, understanding, good services. Lunch and breakfast gorgious, delicious. Bedrooms and rooms very clean and nice: well-decorated. We slept well because of the matresses. Free shuttle is offered to the airport + they picked you up at the airport: just call them and they arrived 8 minutes later. The park is not expensive: you can park your car for 9,78 euro per day at the hotel. it is less than the long stay park of the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Francine U
Dear sir
We would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the , room, breakfast and the level of service. Your wonderful words are the best compliments for us and I am really proud of them.

Warmest regards
Eastbourne
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Booked via Hotels.com for one night as I had a flight out early in the morning. Hotel was clean and comfortable, all you would expect from Best Western. They also offered a free shuttle bus to the airport, starting very early (05:30 I think), ideal for me at my check in was early in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rjkirk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,272 reviews
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
NH Collection Barcelona Tower
NH Collection Barcelona Tower
#124 of 514 in Barcelona
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,408 reviews
B&B Hotel  Viladecans
B&B Hotel Viladecans
#1 of 3 in Viladecans

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!