“No frills.”

Ranked #267 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
San Diego, California
“No frills.”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Landing in Barcelona from California to start our 2-week holiday in Spain. We stayed 2 nights in a clean but small, 2-beds room. No frills included. WiFi is free. Must pay for coffee and of course anything else.

Leaving Spain to return to California we stayed another 2 nights. They assigned us a supposedly non-smoking room. Upon opening the door to the room, it was obviously a SMOKING room. Went back to the reception desk to ask for a NON-SMOKING room. The clerk claimed that the room he gave us was non-smoking. He finally believed us and gave us another room which was a non-smoking room. However, it was not swept up for dust bunnies. The bathroom was clean and the beds were okay.

The free shuttle to and from the airport was why we booked our rooms here. The driver is usually not tipped by European vacationers and that's the reason the driver is reluctant to assist in loading luggages into the van.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank svdelosreyes
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Guest ,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the room, location and services during your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the whole team here and read with pride.

We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again at the Best Western Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto.

Faithfully yours,

Esther Montero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel was perfect for my needs - I flew from Seville to Barcelona Sunday evening and was to fly, the next morning, to Boston, USA. I chose it on the basis of the Trip Advisor Ratings, which, among other things, mentioned that the hotel provides the airport pick up and delivery. And they did, though the morning delivery to the airport worked much better, because there was no waiting time, as opposed to the pick up, for which I had to wait for 45 min or so.

The hotel is located pretty much in the middle of nowhere :) The views are not pretty, but the room is simply excellent. Very clean, very comfortable, very modern, Big TV, air conditioner/heater, wonderful bathroom, with full bath, great modern design fixtures, good shower. In fact, the bathroom was simply excellent.

Very passable restaurant. Had there a very good pre-fixed three course dinner with half a bottle of very nice wine for $30.10 (after conversion, as per my credit card). And they had many choices of entrees and deserts for this meal. There was some choice of appetizers too, but not as big.

The service is indifferent at best. I had to tell the clerk that it would be nice, if he finished dealing with me instead of chatting with his co-worker or may be even manager.

My worst qualm is that the so called business hotel has no internet access in the rooms, and their so called business center had two computers, only one of which had Internet access. Because of this, I could not confirm my hotel in Boston, which ended up very poorly.

I booked this hotel on onhotels.com for around $69, all inclusive. It is an excellent value, because of the quality and comfort of the room and the pick up services ( One would have to pay MIN $50 in taxi fare for the airport pick up and delivery)
I would not stay in this hotel as a tourist visiting Barcelona, but will stay again, and again as a tourist in transit :)

Although the quality/value ration is very good, it is no 4 star hotel

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest ,

Faithfully yours
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Shuttle was on time to pick me up from the airport. The driver, despite of the late hour, was courteous. The elder man at the reception was very tired and had my next day's wake up call registered for the night of arrival. It was at 4 AM. There is a free wi-fi, which is great. They have a self-serve mini store, where you can pick up water, other drinks and things to eat and pay at the reception. Not bad. It's a clean hotel and very comfortable for those with late arrivals and early departures.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with Best Western Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto. Your compliments of room, staff and services are very much appreciated as well our shop with your detailed description is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return.

Kind regards,
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed here b/c of an early flight but it doesn't really save any time - better to take an extra 15 minutes and enjoy your last night (or first night) in town and take the airport bus/train directly to the airport sinrce this hotel is 15 minutes from the airport by shuttle AFTER you wait 30 minutes for the suttle schedule!

The Good

Rooms are clean
Staff speak English well (if this matters to you) BUT they are rude and lie (eg asked for shuttle reserv at 15 past the hour - no problem. When I arrived the next day I was told shuttle is only every 30 minutes - why couldn't they have told me that when I made the reservation?
When I asked about Diamond amenity staff looked at me like I was insane (not a pleasant experience)

The BAD

There is an indoor pool but it is not appealing and MUCH smaller than it appears in the photos, You'd have to walk through lobby and up a dark area to get to pool then trek back through lobby in wet suit:( Pool size means you could do one or maybe 2 strokes if swimming, but I guess okay if you want to walk in the pool.
Any problem is met with a total lack of concern. the 3 English channels (BBC, CNN) all didn't work and staff made no attempt to fix just "we'll have to call them in the am". Doesn't do me any good tonight :( Not even an apology.
Hotel restaurant is open ? hours and looked expensive - no place anywhere nearby to eat so beware.
NO soundproofing of walls or doors so be prepared to hear people talking, etc as they walk down the narrow hallway.

All in all the staff act as if guests are an annoyance they would rather avoid. Quite a contrast from the BW Dante I had just left where everyone went out of their way to be helpful.

Room Tip: There aren't any "they're all the same" front desk when asking about an upgrade
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Esther Montero

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Every year me and a group of my friends go to the benicassim festival, and on the last night we will have a long day of travelling back to Barcelona to stay over night and travel back home the next day. Bearing in mind we have been camping for 10 days, we are all very much looking forward to have a relaxing time in the hotel being waited upon. We stayed at the best western 2 years in a row, the first year was fine, as most of us went to bed an hour after arriving so not much could go wrong. Last year was very different. There was a problem with my remote, so when going downstairs to ask for another one, the same one that was in every other room, they refused, said I had to have what I was given and sent a cleaner that didnt speak any english up to my room to look at the remote. At the restaurant, half of us were given the wrong food and they refused to take it back, one vegetarian was given meat even though she asked what was in it before hand and was told it was just pasta and tomatoes, and when trying to tell them she was told to 'shhush'. I know other things went wrong with other people but I dont think there is enough room to put it all down here. For a hotel that is used for people travelling to and from the airport, they seemed to hate tourist. We are not fussy, we weren't expecting 5*, just a bit of common courtisy. (The only good thing I have to say about this stay is that the rooms were really nice)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Lummi Island, Washington
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed at the hotel after a cruise because of the proximity to the airport. Hotel has a free shuttle to the airport but reserve as soon as you check in as it was over booked and some people had to wait for another shuttle or the one we were on to return. Quiet wasn't a problem as it's in the middle of an industrial district. The rooms were large enough but a little rough around the edges. Bathroom was clean and had a large shower.
The hotel is not within walking distance of anything. However, there is a bus that stops right in front of the hotel that takes you into Barcelona. The last stop once in Barcelona, and the one you have to return to to get back to the hotel, is about a 20-25 minute walk to some of the main tourist areas (Ramblas). For the price it was adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: It appears as though rooms in the front would have less noise in the warm months as all of the AC un...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David W
BWHotelALFA, Director de Recepción at Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you for your time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our minibus, rooms and bathroom and the public bus 21 to the center of the city.
It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.
With kind regards
Esther Montero
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by Premium Traveller
Air Rooms Barcelona Airport by P...
#4 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
NH Collection Barcelona Tower
NH Collection Barcelona Tower
#120 of 513 in Barcelona
FrontAir Congress
FrontAir Congress
#3 of 3 in Sant Boi de Llobregat

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!