“Great place, great location.”

Hotel Garbi Millenni
Ranked #365 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Washington DC
“Great place, great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

While the room was very small, it was pretty clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful to us in answering all our questions.

It is very close to a metro stop and if you're up for it, within walking distance of La Rambla.
I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was a good choice in Barcelona since we wanted to be centrally located with easy access to public transit.
The staff were very helpful and the room was clean and well laid out.
The best thing though, was the breakfast which is included for everyone. It included a hige buffet with warm dishes, cereal fruits assorted bread and delicious Spanish specialties such as "jamon" and "tortilla de patatas".
The only problem was that this hotel is located next to some of the sketchiest areas of the city but if you avoid some streets (which will be shown to you by the staff) you won't have any problems.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank BenAndFey
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night last year. I chose this hotel for it's proximity to the port as I was joining a Yacht the next morning.

When I arrived I was promptly checked in, to someone else's room! There was all ready luggage and a handbag belonging to someone else there. I went straight back to reception and the response I got when I told them was "oh, would you like another room?"

I was checked into the second room, which was fine, basic, but fine. There was no air-conditioning though, for comfort I'd advise booking a hotel with air-conditioned rooms. The walls aren't very thick either, and there isn't any sound proofing, I had a very amorous couple in the room next to me which didn't make for a good night's sleep.

Not long after leaving I realised I had forgotten a priceless piece of jewellery that was worth more sentimentally than anything else. I rang and told them exactly where I had left it their response was a flat "no, nothing was found" I remember exactly where it was when I left the room so it must have been there! However, on their own conscience be it!

The hotel is not in a great part of the city, I chose it as I said for it's proximity to the port, but next time I'll choose a safer located hotel and pay more for the taxi to the port! I was very uneasy walking around the neighbourhood, the hotel staff didn't do very much to make me feel safe either.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel entirely !!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Elliembb

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

British Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed twice, one night June 21/12, second on July 16/12. We requested an early wake-up call July 16 to catch our flights. Thankfully I woke up on my own as it was 40 minutes past our wake-up call. Within 5 minutes of waking the front desk attendant phoned, saying sorry he was late but he'd tried and tried to call but our phone was broken (now suddenly it's working? perhaps try knocking on our door?). I'd allowed an hour thankfully...we threw our things together and arrived in the lobby within 15 mins from waking. The cab we'd requested the night before was waiting. The front desk attendant changed his story and told us he'd been dealing with drunk hotel customers during the time he was to have made our wake-up call, and went on in detail about their drunken state and how he'd saved the day and took them to their room. Fortunately we made our flights because I'd allowed that extra time, but just. It was far too stressful and rushed. I do believe that for whatever reason he forgot to make the wake-up call and I would have appreciated some honesty from this young man. Afterall he is an ambassador for the Hotel Millenni. I probably would have stayed here in future had he been honest, but next time we will choose a different hotel because his actions have jeopardized the integrity of the hotel. Of note: the attendant at check-in both days was very good. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Room Tip: Travelling with my son we needed seperate beds. This was requested by our travel agent by phone and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Golden-Gypsys
HOTEL M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Garbi Millenni, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear guest,

We really apreciate your comment and we will try to take care next time when we do a wake up call.
Best Regards,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Hotel Millenni for 5 nights in August 2012. We found it to be an extremely pleasant stay as the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located close to the metro, only a 5 minute walk. I read reviews before we went to stay here and people said that the area the hotel is located in is scary and dodgy but it really wasn’t at all. It is a really well located hotel, and we never felt scared walking around the streets near the hotel. The hotel is also close to some great restaurants across the road.

The room was clean, modern and quiet (even though we had a street view room!). It also had a TV, mini-bar and air-conditioning which is perfect for those summer months! Good sized room and bathroom - a little bit pokey at times however. The bed was very comfortable. Good buffet breakfast as well. There is also free internet access in the hotel’s business centre as well.

Overall a good location to explore Barcelona and the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SusannahAUS
HOTEL M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Garbi Millenni, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for your comment and is very reassuring to be able to help a complete trip. Hope to see you soon!