“Location, location and more!”

Ranked #152 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here just one night before joining a cruise out of Barcelona. And it was fabulous! Could not be better situated - just strides from the Placa Catalunya. We used the Aerobus from the airport (about 6 euros) and just walked the very short distance from there. Welcoming staff and a beautiful room on the 5th floor - which we had requested, after reading reviews on here. Lovely bedding, towels, bathrobes and even complimentary slippers. We had a tiny balcony overlooking the side street but no problem with noise even with the doors open. Due to its location, there is such a HUGE choice of restaurants, cafes and bars close by, therefore, we didn't use the hotel facilities. But the dining room looked fine when we passed by. The only thing I would question is the aircon???? We stayed in March and it was pretty warm even then. Would we stay here again? Definitely.

Room Tip: Email ahead
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KissesCheshire
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for the hotel before your cruise trip and for your lovely review. It’s great to know that the room and the amenities were to your satisfaction, as well as hotel location right in the very heart of Barcelona. It's true, the air conditioning was not still not on. The weather should be colder at this stage of the year, but it has been warmer than expected. I'm sorry that it was a bit too hot. I look forward to welcoming you back. I wish you a wonderful cruise trip!

Blanca Quintana
Hotel General Manager
bquintana@grhoteles.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a short overnight stay waiting to board a mediterranean cruise. The hotel location was good for shopping and sightseeing. There are a number of restaurants in the area with local flavors and tapas. Taxis are expensive but there is public transportation. The rooms were clean and I loved the floor to ceiling shutters on the doors. We had a balcony off of the bathroom and dressing area and the view of the city was absolutely breathtaking. The staff is english speaking which made inquiries about the city very helpful.

Room Tip: We loved the view from the room but there is traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amybeth24
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel is small but functional. Like most hotel in Europe the design is always efficient, small bathroom but good layout. Breakfast is self service but the variety is excellent. We didn't try lunch or dinner because there were so many choices of restaurant in the city.

Room Tip: This hotel is not about view but it is located in the heart of the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank blue_ring001
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Sir,

First of all I want to thank you for your post about our Hotel Regina Barcelona.

Thank you so much for your comments about our breakfast, it is a service very important to us, where you can find all kinds of fresh fruit, fresh juice, coffee, homemade cakes, pastries, ham, sausages, cheese, etc...

We hope you have enjoyed your stay in Barcelona and if you ever decide to return to the city, it will be a pleasure to accommodate you again, please contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com and we will do all our best to make your new stay an unforgettable period.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

i had no room in my habitual one so, i came to the Regina.
it is an old hotel, small and complicated rooms and the price - around 100€
the 2nd elevator didn't work so - very busy to go up and down... not the best option

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SabaOmer

Dear Sir,

I want to thank you very much for the dedicated time to write a comment about our Hotel Regina Barcelona.

Regarding the lift, it is a pleasure to inform you that we have been working on one of them in order to improve our service and to make the arrival to the room much more quickly and conveniently. Since one week ago, the two elevators are now fully operational.

We value your comments that small room as the Hotel Regina, as a historic building, we have all kind of rooms, but please, when you decide to return to Barcelona, do not hesitate to contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com , I personally will manage your booking.

Best Regards,

Hotel Regina

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Despite the location (very close to Las Ramblas, the most tourist place in Barcelona) this hotel doesn't worth 4 stars in Barcelona, nor in any city in the world. Rooms are very small and dark, my window was a joke, and the bathroom was impossible to be in without feeling claustrophobia. Not a place I would recommend to stay. Breakfast was awful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Aurea V
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Sirs,

Thank you so much for your comments on Regina Hotel Barcelona despite not being good.

Regarding the rooms, I would like to inform you that the Hotel Regina have many kinds of rooms from single to family rooms for 4 people, I regret a lot if we assign the room was not to your liking.

I see in your comment that the breakfast was not to your liking. Our breakfast includes everything from fruit and fresh pastries, homemade daily cakes, cereals, yogurts, nuts, various types of breads, fresh orange juice etc. ... I would appreciate it if you can write an email to mbanon@grhoteles.com saying what you would like have preferred to find in our breakfast.

Thank you so much for your feedback, we will take care to this details.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights in December and was pleased with the location overall. It was close enough to the ramblas but not in the heart of it which suits me perfectly. I was not impressed with my room initially as it was very small and noisy plus the shower area didn't feel clean. I feel like I could hear the metro trains at night plus noise from the corridor and slamming of other room doors etc. The breakfast was very good. It was also great of them to provide bathrobes but I kind of wished there were slippers as well as the non carpeted floor was rather cold. Didn't travel with slippers as I was going in winter.....

Room Tip: - if you are a light sleeper suggest you bring ear plugs - slippers will come in handy
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Akelia
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Sir,

First of all I want to thank you for the time you spent to share your comments on our Hotel Regina Barcelona.
The location of our hotel is very centrally located within walking distance to all public transport in the city and all the tourist and shopping area.
Sorry that the room did not seem big enough, in a future stay please contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com and will be happy to assign you a larger room. Concerning the slippers, it is a pleasure to inform you that we already have shoes for all our rooms, whether standards or higher.

Again, many thanks for your post, I am at your disposal for anything you might need from Barcelona.

Regards,

Hotel Regina

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, the room was slightly cramped but the bathroom was good. It was centrally located with great access to lots of places. The tour bus stop was walking distance from us. The staff were super friendly, however rooms were a bit noisy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your comments about our Hotel Regina in Barcelona.

As you said the location of our hotel is centrally located, just one minute walk from Plaza de Catalunya and Las Ramblas and next to all public transport in the city, including the Aerobus.

I apologize if you feel that your room was noisy, however, if you decide to come back to Barcelona, please contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com i will be happy to personally handle your reservation and assign you a very quiet room.

Best regards,