“Great hotel location”

Ranked #151 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Manila, Philippines
“Great hotel location”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Excellent location. 100 feet from plaza catalonia and drop off point for Airport bus means no need to takea cab. Very clean. Free wifi. Nice staff. I definitely will stay here again. Pricey but reasonable for what it is.. . . . .

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Chris D
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your opinion about the location and your stay in the Regina Hotel.

It would be my pleasure to manage your reservation if you decide to come to Barcelona again.

Do not hesitate to contact me at mbanon@grhoteles.com .

mbanon@grhoteles.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
nyc
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Traveling yearly to new destinations, I find that the defining factor in determining which hotel we will book is the location. The Regina Hotel has a fabulous location, just 1 block from the Placa de Catalunya and very close ( 2- 3 blocks) to las Ramblas. One can take the inexpensive Aerobus from El Prat Airport and walk less than 2 blocks to the Regina. From the Regina one can easily walk to Gaudi's Casa Batllo, La Pedrera, or Sagrada Familia. Easy walk to Bario Gotico as well. The hotel has small rooms which we found to be true in many European cities. The room was spotless, the bathroom a bit more spacious, the hotel staff helpful, and the lobby area conducive to sitting or using the free computers in the business center. all in all we would definitely rebook the Regina if we ever find ourselves in Barcelona again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank subeem
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your post about the Regina Hotel.

I am pleased to inform you that we also have superior rooms. They are bigger than the standards and a little bit more expensive.

We will be pleased to accommodate you again if you come to Barcelona in the future.

Do not hesitate to contact me to make the reservation at mbanon@grhoteles.com.

Kind regards,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hotel is close to everything. Aerobus, metro stations and bus stops are just a few minutes away. I like the hard wood floor in the room, better than the carpeted floor - dirty and dusty. I wish they have a completely enclosed shower stall. Hotel staff were nice, but weren't that helpful - when we asked for certain information it seemed we knew more than they did.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 12Susan12
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for you post about your stay in the Regina Hotel. I really appreciate your feedback.

Our staff is trained to do the best to help our guests even though they do not know the information. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. I will investigate what it could happen and I will see with the Front Desk Manager what we can do to improve our service.

We hope to accommodate you in the future again.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me at mbanon@grhoteles.com if you decide to visit Barcelona again.

Kind regards,

Newcastle
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is good hotel in a quiet location just off the Place de Catalunya. The staff are friendly and helpful. We paid for the buffet style breakfast and found this good value, though no English tea. The room (315) was a disappointment it was small cramped with absolutely no view, the bathroom was tiny. Though spotlessly clean the whole room needed a bit of a refit in particular the shower and door surrounds. Not really a 4 Star experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robin W
Dear Robin,

Thank you very much for your post about your stay in the Regina Hotel. Your feedback is important for us.

I think there was a misunderstanding because we do have English tea in our breakfast. We apologize we should had offered it to you.

We always invite our guests to contact us if they do not like the room so we can change it.

We will be glad if you give us another opportunity to change your mind about your experience.

Do not hesitate to contact me at mbanon@grhoteles.com and I will personally manage your reservation.

Manchester
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I visited the Hotel Regina in August with my wife Susan. It was very nice and luxorious and the rooms were very nice. The location was perfect right in the middle of the city. The weather was also superb – almost a little too hot. It makes a change from the gloomy weather in the UK!
Only bad point was the price of the rooms with lots of additional costs and we found it was rather expensive for a drink and food in the hotel.
Overall good stay in a good city and the rooms were very nice but not nice enough for such a big price tag.
4/5 Stars for me

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank macncesterunitedJH
Dear guest,

I appreciate the time you took to write about your experience in the Regina Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I would like to inform you that our rates changes depending on some facts (how in advance the reservation is made, the period of the year, the availability and so on). I would invite you to check our website www.reginahotel.com where you could find some discounts if you would like to visit us again.

Do not hesitate to contact me at mbanon@grhoteles.com for anything else I can help you with.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Regina prior to our cruise of the western Mediterranean. We have rated this hotel as very good due largely to its location. It's a 2 minute walk to the Plaza de Catalunya, the centre of Barcelona and the place to catch all the tourist buses. It is is also very close to Las Rambla, Barcelona's most famous street and a great place to wander, to shop and to eat.
The hotel is old but is clean and tidy. The front desk staff were efficient but not the most friendly we have ever encountered. Maybe they were busy when we checked in - or maybe our New Zealand accents were hard to understand. Nevertheless check-in was quick and our room on the 4th floor was a good size and overlooked the street. It had a balcony and although it was very small, it was great to be able to open the doors and enjoy the warm breezes and the sounds of the city. With doors closed, the room was surprisingly quiet and we sleep well on their very comfortable beds. And after almost 40 hours of travel from New Zealand to Barcelona that is important.The housemaids were great although we were disappointed that the hotel did not have a laundry.
Our hotel package included breakfast, which was really good with plenty of healthy food options.
Overall we thought the Regina was very good but not great value for money. We paid a lot to stay there, which is probably why we had such a good room. However, if we ever visit Barcelona again, and we hope to because it's a great city, we would probably try to find something of better value in the same area, if that is possible. If we can't, then we would return to the Regina.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors facing the street with a balcony are probably the best - but you will pay ple...